How To Fix a Broken Seatback

Thanks jchard! :)

I found the tool at Princess Auto.

The seat back went in nice and tight (with some help of the foot techinic)! :D

quick question. could anyway tell me how to properly remove these seatbacks without breaking anything??

Wish I had seen this before I unsuccessfully tried velcro, ha ha ha.

Quick question. To install this fix, did you have to remove the entire cover and then install the top first? Or is it possible to leave the bottom on, install the bracket and somehow flex the seat back cover enough to get the brackets in the hole? Thanks.

Nevermind. I took it all the way off. I used tape ilo epoxy on the brackets. Worked great. Thx

The L-bracket rig that's on the forum worked good for me. It's not perfect but no one will ever notice it.

OK, tried the L bracket fix today...didn't go well. So i did what any rational brute would do. I drilled holes into the metal frame of the chair, lined up the back and screwed the bastards in. I'd like to see Jackie Chan karate chop the back off. My interior is midnight grey, and the screws I used were black, so it doesn't stand out much. Not as much as not having any seatbacks on. TA-DA.

WOW... wish I saw this a while ago, temporarily tried to use velcro strips and Shoe Goo adhesive... bad idea. But now they look spectacular thanks to this thread! Much love!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back