How the hell did he do this?

You don't need a new exhaust to have the limiter removed do you?

Maybe he's just got the Xcal and could've done things to the stock exhaust for the sound.

No kidding he did stuff to the exhaust... that's what I'm trying to figure out... and i have a SCT 3 with a tune from ills and I still have a 2800RPM rev limiter... and his revs faster in neutral

Dunno; to me, it doesn't sound like he exceeded the neutral rev limiter.

It don't sound to me like he went over the rev limiter either.

Kind of a nice sound anyway.

IB only Gen1s can have their rev limiter removed.

Yep. Those with gen 2, don't worry that you can't. If your like me, you'd rev it to 4K once to hear the sound and then never think about it ever again :p

well what i really hate about the Gen 2's is it doesnt even rev Quick to the 3000Rpm... It slowly climbs... this guys revs fast and sounds good...

I guess i should have put this in the first post... here is the description of the Video on street fire

"exhaust clip of 05 lincoln LS and rev to about 4k. stock exhaust"

I don't know, that cant be stock. Leave a comment and hope that he replies back.

That screen name looks familiar, he might be a member.

could be stock, I had another car, used to spray water in the muffler(stock) and over time it got more deep and rumbly, not a great idea but I was trying to hurry up the process of killering the muffler so I had a reason to get a new one(at the time I was 16, parents did not want me doing stuff to my car) though now my dad keeps buggin me on what I am going to do next and if he can help on my projects haha.

Agree aswell, he did not pass the 4k

He could have also gutted it out but why go to the troubles?

I would still consider it altered and thus not so stock but hey you could be right.

Dunno; to me, it doesn't sound like he exceeded the neutral rev limiter.

Same here. It didn't sound like the car was revving that high at all, even though the sound was loud because of whatever mods were done to the exhaust.

He could have also gutted it out but why go to the troubles?

I would still consider it altered and thus not so stock but hey you could be right.

He could have wanted the sound but didn't want to pay the money to get any work done to the exhaust. Not a terrible idea if you just want sound and don't mind the look of a stock exhaust.

I would then assume he would have done the work himself, if not why not just pay that small extra amount for at least just mufflers then install those himself?

Like I said all that could be true but I just dont find any justification myself.

It looks stock underneath but at the same time something does look off. I like the way it looks and sounds regardless.

As in cats?

I think I can see a set under the car. That was what I thought at first so I had to do a double take. After that double take is when it kinda looked off from stock, but again I could be wrong. I never got a good look at my stock exhaust since my car was sold to me with the kit and I sure never thought about looking at a gen 2 setup.

Just wanted to confirm. Lots of people speak of the cats when speaking of resonators.

Members online

No members online now.
Back