how much $ should'v I paid for junky 97

Jerrwayne

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I need honest opinions please.I thought I was buying a good car from family that lived in Flordia.Non smoker car.Well it turned out when it was delivered I start compiling problems.Needs painting and will need to have the body smoothed out before painting due to a small crease and some small dents (hurricane car).Left head light stays foggy due to moisture and the tail lights are the same.I put in a head liner and the interior a somewhat worn.Cup holder wont close.?Had to replace 7 coils(OUCH!).It screems now.The transmission hesitates shifting into all gears when I'm easy on it but when I stand on it it shifts ok.?Needs upper and lower ball joints and looks like it may be developing air problems with one back shock sagging after being shut off. I paid $3,000 for it.Too much I now know.What do yall think it could be worth. They are going to give me some money back.Sorry for the long post but a lot is wrong.Thanks.:(

one more thing

the molding on the passenger side mirrow(bottom)is broken off.Come on yall. What does it sound like it may be worth.The junk yard hahaaa.:(

What other car can you buy for $3000 that would be similar quality... not many... I think that is a fair price for a gen 2 in that condition. How many miles on it...?

i paid 2100 for my 94 and haven't done a single major repair....and it had 97 000 miles on it when i bought it... I am sorry you have had all of these hassles.

Do you have any pics of it? some pics would be helpfull in determining the value.

92,000+ miles

Thanks for the replies but now I'm confused a little.After reading a lot of post both in this forum and also in the for sale forum I was starting to think I may have messed up.The seller honestly didn't know it was that bad off(long story)it had been sitting sence 05/05 because she got a new Navigator.Well,I really like it so I guess I'v got a project.O'boy!Another project.CRAP! I need a break.Sorry for the gripen.Thanks yall.Good Night!:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back