How much does an extended warranty through Lincoln cost?

captainalias

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was looking at some ads for used LS's, and they are the certified pre-owned type with the 6 year, 75,000 mile extended warranties. I'm curious, anyone have experience with these, and how they stack up to the carmax compelte warranties? Also, how much do they charge typically?

Thanks!

Carmax basically forces you to go back to Carmax for repairs. So your limited to the amount of dealers. I purchased a Ford ESP warranty, the Premium Care warranty. It was $1800.00. Not cheap, but it covers over 500 components. And you can take it to any FLM dealer in the country. Have FLM wotk on your car. Not Carmax.
http://www.ford-extended-warranty.com/

Fordman said:
Carmax basically forces you to go back to Carmax for repairs. So your limited to the amount of dealers. I purchased a Ford ESP warranty, the Premium Care warranty. It was $1800.00. Not cheap, but it covers over 500 components. And you can take it to any FLM dealer in the country. Have FLM wotk on your car. Not Carmax.
http://www.ford-extended-warranty.com/

Thanks Fordman. Do you know which parts of the car are not covered by the ESP?

I'm assuming that's $1800/year, plus $50 deductible when you need repairs? Is this for the 6 year plan?

captainalias said:

I'm assuming that's $1800/year, plus $50 deductible when you need repairs? Is this for the 6 year plan?

You can ask your local dealer for the book that it covers, it lists out the entire list of items repairable. its quite a bit to list

You can buy a Ford extended warranty through Ford which is like a Factory bumper to bumper warranty which is much better the an aftermaket warranty. I called 8 local dealers in town and got 8 different prices. The highest price was $2,200 and then on my last call the guy flat out told me that the warranties cost them $1,151 and he would sell it to me for $300.00 over his cost. It was 5yr 100k warranty with a $100 deductible. I'm in Socal and if you want the phone number of the Lincoln dealer I called let me know. Joe

I got the Ford Premium Care 7/60K for $1500.00 for my 2001 with 20K miles on it. The years of course are from when the car was first purchased not 7 years from the time you buy the extended warranty, and the miles are the total miles on the vehicle, so I really am only getting a 3 year, 40,000 mile extended service plan. In the first three months though I've already had about $1200 in covered repairs and labor.

jlser said:
I got the Ford Premium Care 7/60K for $1500.00 for my 2001 with 20K miles on it. The years of course are from when the car was first purchased not 7 years from the time you buy the extended warranty, and the miles are the total miles on the vehicle, so I really am only getting a 3 year, 40,000 mile extended service plan. In the first three months though I've already had about $1200 in covered repairs and labor.

Hmmm, thanks for the additional info!

captainalias said:

Sorry it took me so long to respond to your question. It does not cover any wearables, brakes, spark plugs, bulbs and no interior trim. And it's $100.00 ded.

Fordman said:
Sorry it took me so long to respond to your question. It does not cover any wearables, brakes, spark plugs, bulbs and no interior trim. And it's $100.00 ded.

no prob, thanks again.

Mine was through the Chrysler dealership where I bought mine used... It cost me 3,000 CAD for 5 years or 100,000 Kilometres (62,000 miles) and it covers bumper to bumper minues the brakes, fluid changes, and normal maintenance.

You dont have to buy the warranty through a local dealer, matter of fact there are a couple dealers selling them online. I paid $1320 last year for premium care 5 year/100K $50.00 ded.

Members online

Back