How many miles ?

Titan

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My '96 Mark VIII now has 180,000 miles on it.

Other than regular maintenance items (tires, shocks, etc.) I've only had to replace a couple oxygen sensors. This car has never left me stranded anywhere. Mark VIII's are great!

my 97 had 197k when i finished driving it. tommy will respond he's got over 400k on one of his marks.

I wouldn't worry about miles at all...

The trans might go out if it has never been rebuilt, but the motor shouldn't miss a beat if its treated right for a long long time.

Im up to 164000 on mine, and it runs great, Just had to do some front end work. But my feeling is I would rather pay a few hundred dollars a couple times a year for repair, and maintenance than 500 a month for something new.

Run an external trans cooler and change your filters/fluids often.. These cars a great minus the air ride!(and for the gen II guys, steering colum electronics, seat tracks, seat cushions, center tail light, hid's YadaYadaYada)..

Sitting at around 59K on my 98 LSC.. Still laying down mid 13's!

tommy will respond he's got over 400k on one of his marks.

the "mileage" is only a portion of the story
it also had over 5000 dragstrip passes, when if you "do the math" that is over 1150 miles of WOT.
(lol)

They are rock solid cars if cared for, and can be a huge POS when minor things are neglected.

the "mileage" is only a portion of the story
it also had over 5000 dragstrip passes, when if you "do the math" that is over 1150 miles of WOT.
(lol)

They are rock solid cars if cared for, and can be a huge POS when minor things are neglected.

How much non drag strip wot throttle time...

How much non drag strip wot throttle time...

I dunno hard to say.
Should get a "engine hours" gauge and wire it to a WOT switch.
Then someday a bizzilion miles from now I'll know how many hours of WOT it had..

HAHA

Members online

Back