How many miles per gallon does a 1995 mark VIII get?

Evian

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Gas prices are going up and up according to the news. How many miles per gallon can I expect from my Mark VIII?
How much has gas prices gone up in your neck of the woods? It seems that the moment a price increase is mentioned in Chicago, the gas stations immediately double the reported gas increase. Looks like we are being set up... :soapbox:

running ~80mph, I get 20-22 MPG. Thats with my 95, 4.10's, and tuning set for the s/c, thats not on it any longer. I'm gonna have the tune re-done to bring it up a little more.

my 96 is averaging 25.5 mpg, with the majority of my driving being 75-80mph using 91 octane. Last time i filled up, it was 2.20/gallon

my 93 gets 18 city , guess that is in line , not done much highway driving yet. :)

:L

I've got 2 Marks 94 & 96...both get outstanding mileage...the 94 is the quicker one with a chip, really hauls it, average around 23.5 all around...the 96 also has a chip, it runs but not as strong as the 94, gets around 21.5 all around. I blame the chip in the 96 for the poorer mileage as it won't kick into 4th gear until above 60 MPH, then drops back into 3rd around 53 MPH....this works fine on the interstate but is a little cumbersome in the 55 MPH zones...still like'em and would not change. Both have in excess of 100,000 miles.

I had a '95... Avg'd about 17/18 City and 24 Hwy...

My current ride '98 has chip/exhaust/maf and now gets 18/19 City 26+ Hwy...
New plugs/fluids/filters... So its kinda the best at the moment...
I only use Premium Fuel... 92+. Actually dump Lucas Cleaner/Boost in once a month (Try) Gas has gone up here in NY/NJ... Similar to rest of nation. .15-30 increase.
Crazy round here... We pay $7.00 to go over some bridges round here...

are the onboard computer mpg accurate?

my dad gets 30 to 30.5 on highway @ 65 mph in his 93

and 28-29 mpg @ 65mph in his 98

mike

in florida i was getting about 21 mpg, since i brought my mark to NY, i saw it drop to 12 mpg, granted i havent taken it on the highway a lot, but its still a big drop.

I don't do a lot of highway driving but last week at the meet my MPG said 25 and wouldn't budge. I probably get like 10 with my stop/go city driving. I wish it was better but if I really cared that much I'd go buy a Civic

You wont find a V8 that gets better efficency, except for a mustang cobra, and good luck getting a good one of em. i get anywhere from 10mpg-30mpg...avg. depending on the mood.

MrWilson said:
You wont find a V8 that gets better efficency, except for a mustang cobra, and good luck getting a good one of em. i get anywhere from 10mpg-30mpg...avg. depending on the mood.

LS1 and LS6 ;)

94m5 said:
LS1 and LS6 ;)

not according to that chart that went through here last week or so...we were #2, i think, to the cobra...im talking effiecency...because 281ci=290hp...when 350ci=270??? HMM!

My 95 Ivory has 195,000 miles on it and it is averaging about 19/city and 25/hwy.

Considering this is coming from getting about 15/city and 22/hwy with my ML.

I will be driving this Mark much more than the Merc.

Some are extremely accurate. That '93 can pull that number with the 3:08 gears and the '98 will do those numbers with the 3:27's if it is an LSC model.
Moes8 said:
are the onboard computer mpg accurate?

my dad gets 30 to 30.5 on highway @ 65 mph in his 93

and 28-29 mpg @ 65mph in his 98

mike

i am anxious to see what the mpg will be like once the snow melts and i am not spinnig my tires constantly.

thats what he has 98 lsc 3.27

MonsterMark said:
Some are extremely accurate. That '93 can pull that number with the 3:08 gears and the '98 will do those numbers with the 3:27's if it is an LSC model.

Members online

No members online now.
Back