How many miles on your LS?

Um I don't think I qualify for this game but..... DSCF0272.jpg

DSCF0272.jpg

I am tired as hell. I seriously thought that was 500k, not 50k LOL. I was going to ask how many motors/transmissions you've replaced :D

Same here, I had to have a double look at it myself.

You guys are Fn rocking it with these high miles LS'es I must say, we do things in KMS here in Canada but I'm not anywhere near those numbers.

I'll have to take inventory on the three LS'es out front and do a conversion ... probably shock myself.

I'm staying positive man...I know with a little more effort...I will be triumphant in my endeavor..............not really sure what that is though

Sheesh you guys. I hope to pick up a low mileage '06 one day. All the LS'es I see on the road (very very few...) are all beat to living hell, and I honestly don't understand how they're still driving with it being in as bad of physical condition as they are. These things aren't fixed with duct tape like old beaters, lol.

I'm working on those miles, but this car has never seen winter, so thats 6 months in a toasty garage under a cover 0 miles. I try to drive it at least 30 miles a week the rest of the year, and I'm over 51k now! I plan to break 100k by 2030!

rolled 120k today, rolling around town to different car lots. the wife wants a vw golf gti.

I like those Golfs. Don't think I could ever get my bigass comfortable in one, but they look like quick little ****s.

I like those Golfs. Don't think I could ever get my bigass comfortable in one, but they look like quick little ****s.

They're still FWD appliances...

Yes... I am a RWD snob...

i'm the same way. trying to talk her into getting another g8 gt, or even step up to a
ss sedan, but she is set on a damn gti for some reason.

......I'll have to take inventory on the three LS'es out front and do a conversion ... probably shock myself.

You know they will do the conversion for you through the data center on the V8s. I don't know how that would work on the V6.

Yeah, you're right. No V6 here though.

I was just going to snap some pics and convert on the net.

haven't gotten around to it just yet.

They're still FWD appliances...

Yes... I am a RWD snob...

Didn't even think of that. I could never/would never go back to FWD. The only FWD based vehicles I'd own in the future would be AWD. My Edge was AWD. Loved that thing despite the LS amount of issues the damn thing had.

252000, original trans, 210 on the engine. and just to fuel the fire, 3rd degas tank

Wow,02! That's what?..........400 bucks or more just for 2 replacement DE-GAS tanks?
I hope to get to 200K on my original DE-GAS bottles in both cars. Unpressurized, of course, just to keep the fire going....LOL!
Fire away all you DE-GAS `bottle-splitters'! don-ohio :)^)

252000, original trans, 210 on the engine. and just to fuel the fire, 3rd degas tank

Actually, no. I was in a pinch and bought doorman both times. Advance auto with 30% off coupon. So, under $50 ea. I'll continue to use a cap. The cap raises the boiling point, prevents evaporation of water. Without it, you risk boiling sooner, introducing air, and having static hot spots resulting in catastrophic failure instead of a $50 throw away part.

Haven't had any trouble with loosening the cap on a 60% antifreeze mix(doesn't boil off either),but it's your choice......you're the one that has to buy the plastic and do the work. don-ohio :)^)

Wow,02! That's what?..........400 bucks or more just for 2 replacement DE-GAS tanks?
I hope to get to 200K on my original DE-GAS bottles in both cars. Unpressurized, of course, just to keep the fire going....LOL!
Fire away all you DE-GAS `bottle-splitters'! don-ohio :)^)

you should just remove your bottle and post some pictures of it just to prove to everyone else that yours isn't full of cracks like all those bottles in those evil pressured systems...

Members online

No members online now.
Back