How many Mark VIII's around your area?

Danlboi

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just a question that popped into my head the other day, as I live in a small town of about 22,000 people here in south central Texas. And yet I know of 2 Marks for sale on single-owner lots. One's a Gen I and the other's a Gen II. Plus on this particular day last week, I also happened to see 2 Gen I's being driven around town. That makes 5 (counting mine) that I'm aware of. :eek:

And here I thought I was the only one who owned a Mark VIII in this part of the world.
:D

:cool:

Ha, same here. Since I got mine, I have seen 6 other Marks, all various years, around mine and the surrounding towns. While happy to see them, I'm a little dissappointed that I'm not the only one anymore. :(

I've seen about 10 in a metro area of 800,000-850,000 people, and I do a lot of driving. Then again I've seen 2 (+mine) in Farmington on trips up there for work, there are about 40,000 people there.

I see quite a few around here. 400,000 pop. only a few are nice. but they are stock in appearance. I think I have one of the only modified ones around. in seven years I have not seen another one fixed up.

Few around here. I get waves at the house as I'm obviously a Lincoln guy. Most are looking pretty bad as the years go on. I have seen some clean, some with wheels, but most beat. I seen a slammed one the other day, need bags slammed.

There are three Mark VIII and I own two of them. Driving around I've seen 9 including my two, and none of them were gen 2's. All gen 1's and 5 of them were jewel Green like the two I have.

The other one in my town is a 95 with white pearlescent paint and tan interior sitting on 20's. I also saw a silver Mark with the grill all busted up on the freeway.

i live in the middle of nowhere and after i got mine, i started spotting a lot of Mark VIII's........about 90% Gen 1s, many colors, most average to pretty beaten up :( , one silver Gen 2 with the black vinyl top, actually doesnt look that bad, its different than the other vinyl tops ive seen...... a second silver Gen 2 with some pretty ugly rims :shifty: , an Ivory Gen 2 driven by an elderly woman, and mine.......which i have to say is the one in the BEST shape in the whole valley, well that ivory gen2 is probably in nicer shape cause its never been beaten.......i do have the only one being used for some spirited driving............. :steering :D

lately I have been seeing quite a few here in Las Vegas, Most of them are beat in the ground tho! I would say that I see around 3-6 per day sometimes.

I've seen maybe 5 or 6 different ones here in Houston in the last year. Which is surprising it's so few, must be 'bad' luck if you want to give it a name.

..I saw a real nice Black Gen II getting on the beltway behind me this evening. Young guy and his gf?.

Then there's this black guy I always see through the tolls in the evening with a nice Black Gen II, hotrod power tour '02 sticker at top of the rear window. Tinted windows. Real nice looking car.

Would be nice to know if these guys visit the site. ..can't really say anything in 80 mph traffic.

How many Mark VIII's around your area?
I've seen quite a few around here lately- especially since I sold my 96. They were scarce until I sold it. Weird.

There's one that's regular at an AleHouse down the street from where I live (in Orlando, FL), two for sure in my neighborhood somewhere (I see them often enough, but not when they're parked so I don't know where), one that goes to my church, and I've caught glimpse of a good few on the highway here and there. Mostly Gen1s, most look in decent condition too. I don't often see the Gen2 around here.

Funny, I live in the outskirts of Vancouver, B.C. Canada, an area called South Delta. I have seen two black ones a red one, a pearl white one and a blue one in the two years I have had mine and we all travel around the South Delta area. I also travel daily into the big city and have never seen one there, only around home. I did see a nice 98 driven by an old timer on Orcas Island in the San Juans, collectors edition, he said he had it in storage for a while. Nice car I wish I could buy it from him. I think they are more rare north of the 49th.

I see 1 at work, 1 in my apartment complex they are both gen 1s.
And maybe five or six around town, I love mine and so does everybody else that I talk to about it.

Terrance said:
Funny, I live in the outskirts of Vancouver, B.C. Canada, an area called South Delta. I have seen two black ones a red one, a pearl white one and a blue one in the two years I have had mine and we all travel around the South Delta area. I also travel daily into the big city and have never seen one there, only around home. I did see a nice 98 driven by an old timer on Orcas Island in the San Juans, collectors edition, he said he had it in storage for a while. Nice car I wish I could buy it from him. I think they are more rare north of the 49th.

This is funny I live in south delta in ladner you might have seen my lincoln around I got black 95 with 18" bullets and a pretty loud exhaust I have seen a lady in a white one and I talked to a guy in the supermarket with a silver 93 also the guy who is in charge at john thistle auto repair in ladner used to own a 93

8.jpg

There are 3 Gen-1's and 2 Gen-2's in my general area, plus a friend still owns a Gen-2.

How bout this one... Its a baby and Newark NJ Safe.... :)

http://www.worldwidearmor.com/for_sale_19.html

OH... And the other night I'm pulling out of work and I see Gen-2 tailights at the light.
I'm pulling up and notice some dirty Chrome Mufflers... So I roll down my psngr window
and turn down the audio... Sure Nuff... Custom Exho, sounded noice..... They're getting rare
now, but still one of the coolest lookin rides on the road. I think!

Within six blocks of here, there are probably five of them. They are all over the place around here in Florida.

Today, at the u-pull-it in Clearwater, I saw a highly customized Mark VIII with skirts over the rear wheel wells. Not my style, but nicely done.

7 gen 1's, i own the two fastest and nicest that are 94's, 3 are beat to hell,and 2 are are also well taken care of.
2 gen 2's both with shot bags but in fair shape

Here in western Illinois, there are 5. Four of them are Gen 1 and mine is a
Gen 2. 2 of the others are in good shape, but appear to be bone stock. I live in a town of about 45000.

T

poniesviii said:
I've seen maybe 5 or 6 different ones here in Houston in the last year. Which is surprising it's so few, must be 'bad' luck if you want to give it a name..

nice 96 you have there!

Generally speaking we have 4-6 Mark 8's out at LoneStar Motorsports Park on just about any given friday night.

Check this thread, it has the 2006 Street Stock Points from LSMP.
http://www.lincolnsclub.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10575

If you look at the "car numbers", with the exception of Scott Kohler and Don Brassington.. all the car with a "Q" in their number are Mark VIII's.

We kicked their butts in 2006!

Members online

Back