How is the ride in lowered LS?

HyeLifeLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am gonna order some Eibach springs soon for my LS and I am wondering how's the ride. I read some of the threads about them, but I still want to hear some honest opinions.

Do they make the car really uncomfortable? Does it jump on the bumps too much? Do the springs make the car "bottom out", not hit the ground, but the end of the shocks working space?

Give me some info about it please. Thanks.

Artur.

I don't know about the LS but i do know that eibach springs are top quality. If they make a set for the LS then i am certain all issues would have been taken into account. I have the 1.5'' lowered pro kit on my bmw 7 series and they are great. They are progressive rate i.e. get stiffer as they compress meaning good comfort and tight performance. Don't worry, they will be fine!

No worries. Eibach are pretty good. Be sure to get a few more opinions though from the LS guys, see how they find them. Mines a 1990 735se, owned it for 5 years but its back in England. (had to leave her behind) Still, i got a 'Yank Tank' now so im happy! :)

Yea, those are real nice. 5 speed yea? My brother has a 93 530i V8 with a 5 speed back in Armenia. Here are some pictures.

PICT0003.jpg

4-1.jpg

20.jpg

4.jpg

Nice car! Nah, my 7 is a ZF 4 sp auto, didnt do many with the getrag 5 speed. I bet he is familiar with the Nikasil issue! lol. Anyways, we have gone off topic... Just PM me with any Q's.

my 03' ls with a 1" drop rides fine. just be very careful of bigger speed bumps and inclined driveways.

i have stock wheels so it feels pretty good but im sure with 20" wheels and a drop you will def. be feeling a rougher ride.

Also, if you are upgrading the springs make sure your dampers are still good. Might be worth upgrading / renewing them too. Just something to bear in mind...

Well I change em about a year and half ago with original sport ones, so they are still plenty good. yea, we are aware of the Nikasil problem in the early BMW V8s, but his car seams to be fine, he has about 80,000 miles on it.

I had Eibachs on my 03. Ride was great. I did bottom out over speed bumps, etc. A lot. Especially with 2 or more folks in the car. Also have to be really careful on driveways, etc with steep angles.

I installed them on my 04 about a month ago, and before I started looking at critical places, and learning to avoid them, I did bottom a couple of times. You just have to be aware.
One of my recent experiences was going over some gas station tank lids. They make them elevated to shed water, so when I went over them, the first one didnt do anything, but the car fell into a cycle, and bottomed on the second one.
Watch out for the speed bumps, you wont bottom on most, but if you go to fast, the car may drop over, and compress somewhat, causing the rub.
As for driving, it is only marginally stiffer over the small sharp bumps, I feel the road better, but the overall ride quality has not suffered one bit, in my opinion. Still smooth, and stable at high speed. 40, and above.
Cornering is even tighter, and more confidence building.
You will need an alignment, as this pops you just out of factory spec's. It actually handled better pre-alignment,(in my opinion) but I would have worn out the tires by now, had I not gotten the alignment.
All in all, I like the ride, and with only a moderate level of care, I dont bottom anymore.

You will need an alignment, as this pops you just out of factory spec's. It actually handled better pre-alignment,(in my opinion) but I would have worn out the tires by now, had I not gotten the alignment.
All in all, I like the ride, and with only a moderate level of care, I dont bottom anymore.

Did you have to have any "cam adjusters" or similar to correct the alignment or was it simply adjusted out?

On mine, front alignment was corrected easily. Rear Camber was barley in spec. Good news is that negative camber helps in the twisties. Some members here have had worse troubles with the rear and have tried Camber kits (hear they don't work well).

Those Jag wheels look awesome.

When I think about the Stype R technology (Brakes and SC and maybe 6 speed manual) that Lincoln could have done to produce the ultimate LS it make me sick.

I have 18" wheels now, so it's not that bad.

DSC04413.jpg

Did you have to have any "cam adjusters" or similar to correct the alignment or was it simply adjusted out?

I got mine from RockAuto.com. Put the alignment right in spec up front, and the rear wasn't too bad off left alone.

Edit: here's the info:

RockAuto.com part number for the caster/camber bolts:

335 K80061

Fits all years 2000-2006

You'll need to order two of those, as it comes 2 bolts for one side only.

Nope. No other parts necessary.
I had Firestone do it near my home. Took about an hour, and cost me $150, including tax. They had their 4 wheel lifetime alignment on sale. I dont know about other firestones, but my local one is great. The guys(and gal) know their stuff, and the prices are fair.

I have Eibachs and 20". The ride is better than my factory with the 17"!! Best mod to date.

I have sprint springs and 20’s and the ride is almost the same as stock. When I go over some dips in the road my tires do rub my wheel wells a little. I don’t know if I need new shocks or what but it kind of sucks?

i have sprint springs which is 1.8 drop and 20s with 30 series rubber and i think it rides about like stock i dont have any problems

I despise a harsh ride..even if it means gaining better handling.

With that in mind, the Eibach Pro springs combined with a fresh set of LS Sport package shocks/struts, are a match made in heaven. Minimal change in ride quality, but nice handling enhancement.

I made the switch to 18's and the Eibachs last year..and about 12k miles ago. Even on horrific DC roads, the setup is NICe.

Love it.

Members online

Back