How hard you drive

didjital|

DIDJI
Reaction score
You know I figured i'd ask, I've been viewing this forum for some time now and there are almost an equal amount of people with constant problems with their cars, and those that report no problems.

I've never had a problem with mine yet so far thank god, I constantly keep up on it and check everything to ensure its integrity.

My question is, how hard to you guys drive your car? This car is meant to be driven but it almost sounds like some might be just mashing the peddle any chance they get or some of type of other attention grabbing things on the road that may be considered "beating" on your car after while.

I'd be curious to see the ratio of those who always post here with problems and those who report no problems versus they way you guys drive it.

If i had a scale of 1-10, i'd say im an 6 day to day. 10 being hammer time on the peddle all the time =)

I havent had one major issue at hand since purchasing my beauty back in November. On a scale 1-10 I would place myself at a 8 range. I love to get on it somedays and somedays I like to cruise it. Good question!

-Scott-

on a scale of 1-10 1 being gentle and 10 being mashing I am a 1 and proud of it. I am a cruiser I never drive more than 10mph past the speed limit(I make sure everyone sees my car). I NEVER pound on the pedal I swerve out of the way of every imperfection in the road and I am always checking fluid levels and the air in my tires...basicly im obsessed......and proud. no problems with the car but i've only had the car for 2 weeks. Doesn't matter anyway I have 2 years left on my warranty :invasion:

stateproperty3423 said:
on a scale of 1-10 1 being gentle and 10 being mashing I am a 1 and proud of it. I am a cruiser I never drive more than 10mph past the speed limit(I make sure everyone sees my car). I NEVER pound on the pedal I swerve out of the way of every imperfection in the road and I am always checking fluid levels and the air in my tires...basicly im obsessed......and proud. no problems with the car but i've only had the car for 2 weeks. Doesn't matter anyway I have 2 years left on my warranty :invasion:

:I I could not have put it better. It is nice to know that I am not the only guy who does these things. Friends actually complain about my driving too slow. I have had my car for about 6 months now with no problems. When I first got the LS though, I had to replace all 8 coil on plugs. But I have not had any other major issues since (besides the fight against against pollen and rain ;-)

I had mine for exactly 3 years, only had 1 problem, worn rear bearing.
1-10 scale, I would say Im 7-10. I drive mine hard.
if Im the first one at the red light, I always punch it. burn little bit of rubber and I take off. let'em all know this aint a grandpa car.
Im on my second set of tires and it's half way gone.
especially after I got my exhaust on, I've been 10.
I should stop and come back down to 7.
what can I say... I just cant help myself...

I'D say i would be around 4 maybe 5. I don't drive it everyday sits in the garage except maybe on weekends when i get the chance. But i love to let loose on the winding hills and straight aways when i get the chance. But i will usually drive speedlimit unless i'm passing someone and thats what i like about the car. It likes to pass cars, unlike any of my other cars.lol.. I have had the car now almost a year, can't believe its been that long already and no problems yet.. will report when i get one though thats a given..lol.. I am planning on doing a tranny flush this weekend i hope.. so really just maintenance nothin falling off yet or blowing up.. thank goodness.. <knock on wood>

i drive my car pretty hard and i dont have a problem with it well..im 19 and own my LS and alot of my friends thinks its slow becuase its a 4 door and now that dont have to much to say so i guess i drive it like a 8 or 9

i treat my ls nice. havent had any major problems. payin' decent money for the car id like it to last.

I own a 00 LS and have had alot of aesthetic problems, non-mechanical, with my LS. Problems like faulty door handles, headlights, headliners, and a few other small warranty issues that a new production car may have. I don't drive it hard, but every now and then like to open it up on the interstate. I'd put myself at the 3 or 4 range.

about a 3, unless some lil punk yells something outa the window.. then i'm a 12

I would say I baby my car.......avoid potholes, etc. I don't drive it hard for two reasons. I'm still paying the car off and I don't like to pay for gas and tires. Every once in awhile I'll floor it (to pass), but from a deadstop it just isn't worth it......the car isn't THAT fast. So on a scale of 1-10.....im about a 3.

My motto: If you are driving slower than me you are an idiot. If you are driving faster than me you are insane.... :N

me too - a 10 or maybe even an 11. always have. it's hard on cars, trannies, brakes and tires.

every time I get a new car (or a ticket) I promise to calm down, but it never lasts....

I am careful in my neighbourhood - but once on the road... lookout. I just enjoy accelerating, sliding in fast corners, .... HATE traffic.

Quik LS said:
me too - a 10 or maybe even an 11. always have. it's hard on cars, trannies, brakes and tires.

every time I get a new car (or a ticket) I promise to calm down, but it never lasts....

I am careful in my neighbourhood - but once on the road... lookout. I just enjoy accelerating, sliding in fast corners, .... HATE traffic.

:I :I
With you and Kelleyo, if I wanted a grandpa car I would've gotten a Cadillac! (except for the V-series) :L

All I have to say is that i have an 02 V8 and I was given a 04 v6 as a loaner for the weekend and I want it back. V6 is quick but weak compared to the V8. Im at about a 7.

I don't put a lot of miles on the LS, but I drive it at about an 8 or 9 and haven't had any (mechanical) problems with it. When my G/F is in the car with me I take it down a peg or two, only enough that she doesn't get motion sickness though. :gr_devil:

We just got our V6 LS and I've got on it a couple times with no results. LOL
I use to have a supercharged 3.8 (Tbird SC) and whenever I would barely get on it the back end would slide all over. It was FUN but I guess since this car won't do it, then I won't be tempted to try it.
Gas mileage isn't the best in this car so I will be driving it as easy as possible.

Your LS V6 and the TBird are almost identical in performance - but the extra 100ft-lbs of torque in the TBird was the nice feeling difference on when you first get on the gas.

i'm the same as nightrider i'm 19 and my friend think its a slow flashy car, but they get suprised when i let them drive it. i'm about 5-10 depends how i feel and what type of road. sometimes i just cruise to floss the car, but if its a wide open road im on it. i like to go through a lot of curves also i like to feel the control of the car.

I accelerate faster than most other cars at a light, but very rarely put it all the way down, and if I do I let off at around 10 mph over the limit. I'd say somewhere around 6 for me.

I rate myself at a 7. I try to drive my LSv8 like a sunday cruise drive. But the power makes me want to take off at red lights. I currently have 95,000 mile on my 2000, and I want to keep it for another 95,000.

my car is my b!tch and she knows it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I beat the living hell out of her and that is how she likes it. I love to rip it up and she keeps up I LOVE MY LINCOLN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back