How far can you drive past "0 km till empty"

On second thought maybe I overstated when I said "all" of your posts with the self promotion thing. It still happens often though when the subject is performance/power related.

Observations

One of the benefits of being my age, and having 30+ years of automotive technical writing experience, is that I've developed a significant log of professionals, to whom I can go to ask a question. Those who've read my magazine work know that I often say, "Don't believe this because I said it; believe it because 'xxx' who deals with this daily said so." With that firmly in mind, accept that I make sure that I have a firm grasp on the technicalities of what I write.
Sources within FoMoCo have confirmed my belief that the cooling aspects of the location of the pump assembly within the tank are entirely secondary. It would, obviously, be incorrect to say that there's NO pump cooling done by the gasoline. However, my contention has been, and remains, that it's a side issue. As long as there is gas flowing through the pump, all necessary cooling is taking place. The location of the pump, in the tank, is primarily because the mass of the fluid helps make the pump run very quietly. No more than a glance at an in-tank pump assembly, or even a photo thereof, will make the lay-out of that pump assembly clear. (And as an aside, the pump I use to run methanol is a stand-alone that CAN be installed either in a tank or not. The pictures in my thread---'Land Speed LS'---will show the pump, heavily clad in roll-bar padding, setting next to the fuel cell. Believe me that it's very audible.)

As to being kidded, I've looked back at the posts above, and realize that, perhaps, my replies come off as somewhat of an over-reaction. I'll strongly defend what I said, but the tone may have been somewhat heavy. In regard to the snarkiness, I consider the source.

To speak to what you've styled as self-promotion, I have nothing to promote. Others here either ignore a question that's been covered and re-covered, or deign to grumpily suggest a search. I have chosen to try to be helpful and, instead of repeating myself, I tell the questioner to look where the information can be found. I am not trying to sell anything. I appreciate your avuncularity.

My record speaks for itself. (My thanks to those who've PM 'd me on the above subject.)

One good thing about the written word---If you don't like it, don't read it!!!

KenS from Ben's Place

Didn't mean any harm, Ken. It does seem that you refer a lot of people to your specific thread. The tag follows alot of your posts, and when someone put it in a post directed towards you, I chuckled. Get it?

If not, please see 'Land Speed LS' in the HP section. :D

I'll choose not to respond to an attempted insult by the "consider the source" comment, if you indeed directed that towards me.

And FYI, I have read your entire thread. I'm excited to see the finished product!

One characteristic I appreciate in others is the ability to chuckle at themselves. Therefore I must also apply it to me.
I hope I've not given anyone offense.
I believe we're all here because it's a good place to be.

My 'tag' is actually a private joke, not known to anyone here.

KenS from Ben's Place

Members online

No members online now.
Back