How do you drop the air bags?

lilwheezy75

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Pretty much what the title says... How do you drop them.. do i need to get sumthin installed or can i do it myself?

i cant find the manual is just talks about there new struts and when i d/l it its ina ll weird letters and symbols.. can sumone just tell me how to drop the bags.?

lilwheezy75 said:
i cant find the manual is just talks about there new struts and when i d/l it its ina ll weird letters and symbols.. can sumone just tell me how to drop the bags.?
Go here:
Arnott Industries
Look for the underline link that says download manual for the front and down the web page is the link for the back air bags. It is not easy on the Continentals and is not just a simple "here's how you do it". Or just got here:
Front Air Bag Removal
Rear Air Bag Removal
If you can't open them it's because you have to have Acrobat Reader software to open the manuals. It's free and downloads real fast. To get Acrobat Reader, go here:
Acrobat Reader

If none of this works, you will need to go get some of this:

fukital.jpg

i dont need to know how to remove em.. all it says is how to take em off.. I wna know how to let the air out so my car rides lower.. n e one help me?

All they are worried about is making money, I don't think they are wanting to "help" anyone.

I don't have any pictures, but in a nutshell: Adjusting the height can be accomplished 2 ways.

Turn off the suspension switch first!

By replacing the plastic sensor arms with a different length arms, which are available through Ford Motor Company, or by loosening the 2-5/16 screws attaching the metal arm to the sensor (not the plastic arm) to the desired position. Do this on all 3 sensors.(frt. has 2 , rear only has 1)
Turn suspension switch back on, then turn on ignition and recheck height.
Remember, a little goes a long way.

Sorry lilwheezy75,
When you said 'drop' I thought you ment 'remove'. If you would have said 'lower the car', I would have known what you ment. Eddie is correct on what you need to do and as he said, move the sensors just a little at first to see the results.

Members online

No members online now.
Back