how do i remove my a/c compressor?

How difficult of a job is replacing only the clutch? Do I need to take off the compressor or is this some thing I can do under the car?

Is it reasonable only to change out the clutch and not the compressor if only the clutch is bad? The compressor doesn't show any signs of leaking or failing.

I haven't tried it, so I don't know. I can tell you that the factory service manual says to remove the AC compressor to replace the clutch.

it is 1,000,000,000,000 times easier to pull the compressor from the car - swap the pulley, clutch and magnet - then recharge the system than it is trying to do it in the car...

I done it both ways..

2011_01_30_17.38.18.jpg

DSCF5215.jpg

I haven't tried it, so I don't know. I can tell you that the factory service manual says to remove the AC compressor to replace the clutch.

it is 1,000,000,000,000 times easier to pull the compressor from the car - swap the pulley, clutch and magnet - then recharge the system than it is trying to do it in the car...

I done it both ways..

Thanks guys.

It doesn't look that difficult in the manual but its probably something left to the professionals....

http://deneau.info/ls/

Simple Job

How to pull an engine---

Loosen necessary bolts. Remove engine!:D

KS

(Joe, your information above, as usual, is invaluable.)

Last edited:

Members online

Back