how did you get in to the lincoln hobby?

lees LSC

LVC Member
Reaction score
for a verry long time i didn,t even acknowledge a lincoln as a car that i would own let alone get seen in one.
then when i met my wife,s father he owned an 89 LSC. i never gave his car a second glance until my brother in law showed me the car and lifted the hood.
"that,s a mustang H.O. sitting in this thing" i said to him. being a dyed in the wool chevy guy all my life i thought to my self "but this is a lincoln". he said yea it also has dual exhaust,4 wheel disc antiloc brakes, bucket seat's, and 16 inch wheels. this took place back in 1996. i owned a top of the line Z28 camaro at the time but i was drawn to it. for year's the car sat in the garage and a year ago i decided to buy the car for my wife. after 6 month's she decided on something bigger but i couldn't see the lincoln go. so i traded my formula in on a toyota van for her and i took over the LSC. i'm glad i did.
a month ago her father passed away from cancer and i felt compelled to make the car better than ever. my father in law loved that car and he was happy to now see me with it.even on his death bed he was telling us the care the car needed. "you can fix this and you need to change that" he would say.
every day i think of new ideas on what to do on the car and every day my passion grows to my new hobby.

Mine is simple.

June 9, 2004 went to look for a car for my wife. Found 3 ok cars that I wanted her to look at.

Sitting in the front of the lot is a 1993 Mark VIII - Said wow!! nice car...

June 10, 2004 brought wife to look at cars. Said doesn't that Lincoln look nice... Wife too big, we are looking for something that gets good gas mileage. (we have a Chevy 3/4 ton van). Researched the cars we were looking at on Edmunds. (Also checked out the Mark VIII) Told wife they say it gets good gas mileage.

June 11, 2004 wife and I went to purchase one of the cars we were looking at. Re-drove all cars not the Mark VIII. Started Paperwork on a Toyota.

Wife says would you like to drive the Lincoln? Dealer slides over the keys...

I drove, then my wife drove the Lincoln. Wife says we are buying the Lincoln... (1993 Lincoln Mark VIII)

June 28, 2004 I purchase my 1985 Lincoln Mark VII.

I have now purchased 4 Lincolns in less than one year. I wasn't even a car buff.....

Ok :L

Found LvC the rest is in the threads LOL... This is post 2233 ok I'm a post whore....

My grandfather was always talking about Lincolns whaen it came to cars, he was a Ford guy so his absolute favorite car was the Lincoln Continental. Well two years ago I was looking for a car to replace my subaru, I looked at a few T-birds, Cougars, acouple of Chryslers, and an 80's Cadillac Seville. I then thought to myself hey Gramps would always talk about the Continentals, so I went out and test drove one. Next thing I know I have test driven 4 different Continentals and ended up with my 94 Conti. Great car, have to thank my Gramps for his words and leading me in the right direction, won't own anything else but Lincolns from now on. :L

I needed another car when my New yorker went down and my boss had this Town car for sale. I asked if i could test drive it and i bought it i liked the ride so much.

:steering mostly my father's doing.....
he has bought old lincolns most of his years, so i just got used to them...
as time has gone on, i just keep liking them even more, or find myself looking at the Lincolns first, before the Mercurys or Fords......
and, since my first car was a '77 Town Car...'nough said
:L

when I was driving my dads old masda 626 and it was falling apart and I was sick of throwing money in to a car that I hated. so I went out and got a car. I was looking for a truck (a doge ramcharger w/ a stick and 4x4) but I saw a 1970 lincoln and had to ask for the key. it fired right up and that 460 made me feel so good. I needed that car. If there is one thing Iv lurned when it comes to cars and guns if you see somthing you want you have to get it. you may neaver get another chance. and im a lincoln man for life. thoe Im still looking for that ramcharger and a 67 International travilall. " its not how long you live but how many toys you have when you die"

Got into the hobby after I test drove my car. I was looking for a newer model z28 or Trans Am at the time, but this car changed my mind.

lsctow.jpg

Found this hobby at my favorite junk yard. It was too nice to leave it there. :L

that's cool

awesome find.
i love to sift through the local junk yard's treasure hunting.
the garnet red is a beautiful color but mine seem's to appear darker in color than the one you have. did they have two different shades of red?

i know my garnet red mark viii appears different in different light. may be same with the Vii. in fact normally it appears as that above or near. but as can see from pic that day it looked brighter.

lees LSC said:
awesome find.
i love to sift through the local junk yard's treasure hunting.
the garnet red is a beautiful color but mine seem's to appear darker in color than the one you have. did they have two different shades of red?

As far as I know, Garnet Red was the same shade each year it was offered. The name did change however. I think 91-92, it was called Currant Red, or something like that.

Something I did not know, when red fades, it gets darker, or so I'm told.

Transmission started to go in my S10, and I rememberd my friend Steve had an 86 Townie sitting around that he wanted to get rid of. It needed the front brakes on the passenger side totally rebuilt, but otherwise ran fine and had a lot of new parts under the hood. I gave him $100, fixed the brakes and away I went. Had to rebuild the brakes on the other side the very next day, replace a set of wheel bearings a week later, and then everything was fine for a while. About a month and a half later, I fixed an oil leak, 3 days after that the engine lost all oil pressure and developed a rod knock. By that time I was too hooked, and have so far done an HO swap on an engine I totally rebuilt. Next week I should have a transmission in it and all should be good. So far I figure I have around $1500 into a car I paid $100 for and is probably worth $500 on a good day, but :L

Amusingly, I'm using the S10 with the failing transmission to haul parts for this car and get me to and from work on a daily basis still. So much for the Galactica being my temp beater while I fixed the truck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back