How Did LVC get started?

Ahh now there's a long story!!!

should have been at the meet on the 13th as much of the long story was explained...

Just a great bunch of people who love their cars making a site for others who do the same...

mespock said:
Ahh now there's a long story!!!

should have been at the meet on the 13th as much of the long story was explained...

Just a great bunch of people who love their cars making a site for others who do the same...

It IS a LONG story, but it can be summed up VERY quickly with the fact that this is the best damned Lincoln based site out there. The members of this site (the ones I have met) are a GREAT group of people.

Mike

Since the cat got Joey's tongue, I'll chime in and answer your question. The site was started by Joey with a little encouragement from a couple of guys as a 'fresh start' for the Lincoln family of car enthusiasts.

Boards and forums should be about the people, not the politics of who does what where when and why. It turned out that in order to give the members of the Lincoln community what the vast majority of participants wanted, the only solution was to start fresh and create an environment where everybody could co-exist as enthusiasts first, but more importantly, friends second. A strong community is built on friendship. This is the environment all of us have tried very hard to foster at LVC. Everybody is prepared to help each other out. Come to a meet sometime and you will see proof of that.

In addition, we don't baby-sit here. We do not have 15 moderators for every forum. In fact, there are only 3 of us that do ANY moderating, and we seldom even do that. With great people there is no need to moderate. Check out ALL the forums and you'll see proof. The people here get along. We have fun.

What's the saying??? "If you build it, they will come." Well, that is what Joey has done. He's provided the infrastructure (the ballpark). Now it is up to us to make the game interesting and fun for all.

P.S. Since many of us had owned/own Cadillacs, we wanted to include those individuals as well in the family because they comprise the same type of personalities and automotive enthusiasm as are represented in Lincoln owners.

Hope this answers your query.
icon10.gif

good stuff guys! you have an awesome forum!
as a member of the towncar-crown victoria-grand marquis community, a few friends of mine and i were tired of the politics at a certain crown vic site.........so in september 2004 www.grandmarq.net was born
it's been almost a year and we have been slowly growing.....not as much as here (hey what do i gotta do to get my badass towncar in a magazine?) but definitely a bunch of great people on my site!.........we had our first meet in pottstown pa in july........had a great turnout.......farthest traveled was from oregon!
keep up the good work guys!
scott

Members online

Back