How big are the gas tanks on LS'es?

BrianDye

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My explorer is KILLING me on gas now, so I took the LS out for the day, driving LESS than I usually do in my explorer, drank a half tank of premium, even though the computer said its getting between 17.9-18.2, now I KNOW my explorer isnt topping 15 on a good day, and I usually use about an 8th of a tank doing normal everyday driving, so what the hell?

The LS is a 3.9 V8, Explorer is a 4.0 V6.

DAMN I think my explorers only 17-18, I was hoping someone would say like 14 lmao.

Is that gas consumption normal?

prob not.. how many miles do you drive daily?

oh it seems to me that when i buy cheap premium gas.. which i dont do anymore.. it eats it much faster than say shell and other named gas stations... may just be me though...

Depends.. How were you driving? The same as you drive the exploder? I have a ranger and I drive the LS totally different. It's always in the select shift and I am turning heads and making noise.. :D

Well I lately have been driving light as :q:q:q:q.

I usually drive the explorer pretty light (as of lately) (Trying to keep below 2700 RPMS) and the LS, since I havent driven it in a while, I accelerated ;) a couple times, but besides that, NOTHING more than like 3k RPMs, ill have to get back with you on the mileage tomorrow, I really havent "tripped" my usual driving yet. (My house, to GF's, to somewhere around town, back to GF's, then home) Its actually relitively close to eachother for the most part, besides my house to hers, but hers to town is close

Nope, no gas leak, car runs flenominally (spelling?) besides a slight miss, but even still, it purrs like a kitten, and actually gets up to like 6900 RPMs now and takes off if you floor it, unlike before when it'd spaz out.

Its been in the back of my head, but could it possibly be that slight miss? The CEL has been off for almost like 500 miles of driving now, but did come back on, on the way home, im gonna go get the codes read tomorrow.

Its been in the back of my head, but could it possibly be that slight miss? The CEL has been off for almost like 500 miles of driving now, but did come back on, on the way home, im gonna go get the codes read tomorrow.

Could be the cats.. Mine misfired a lot before I fixed it which, in turn, f-ed up a cat. The makes your gas mileage like sh!t.. The average when I had that was around 11..

I know, but wouldnt that say on the computer that im getting XX Miles/gallon, rather than saying like 18+ like it has been? I mean I know obviously if I floor it or whatever thats probably knocking it down to 10, for the moment, but the lowest it went was 17.9, and I was pretty easy on her today

BTW, the codes we pulled when we first got the car mentioned one of the cats I believe? I may be wrong, but ill deff. post up on here when I get back home tomorrow, unless theres wifi somewhere haha.

Im getting about 23 mpgs. Just took it to a job interview today and drove it 130 miles. Took alittle over a 1/4 of a tank.. Of course, I had to see how fast she would go so that took like an 1/8 of that.. :D

Didn't you just have a thread posting you put your car into a mechanic and something about the transmission?

Why is there still a failing coil in your car?

I get around 25mpg when i am really trying to save gas... i drive about 30 miles to school and back... mostly going 60... id say coils or cats... my ls had cat codes ... i changed sparkplugs and 1 coil... light hasnt been on for like 4 months :) lucky me my family owns a mechanic shop!

Didn't you just have a thread posting you put your car into a mechanic and something about the transmission?

Why is there still a failing coil in your car?

They said they pulled coils, and all tested just fine....

Members online

No members online now.
Back