How About....................

Titan

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
As it seems the '96 Mark uses several parts unique to that year, how about a Tech Article that lists all the things that are only used on the '96, like the VLCM and the 130 amp alternator, so that all of us with a '96 don't go making troubles for ourselves installing the wrong parts?

If anyone is enterprising enough we could set up a parts "lucky bag" for these things so when someone comes across a '96 they can pull parts off of, we can grab the '96 only stuff and make it available to those who need them.

What 'cha think?

The 130 amp alternator is also used on Gen II's. It is not unique to the 96.

I did the 96' model as my introduction to Mark VIII's and when the trans finally wet the bed at 209k I fixed all the problems at once. I picked up a 98' LSC and haven't really looked back :cool:

As a '96 owner I think it's a great idea (obviously).
At least it would be a place to learn what those parts are, to kinda keep your eyes open and snag spares if you happen to run across em.

I did the 96' model as my introduction to Mark VIII's and when the trans finally wet the bed at 209k I fixed all the problems at once. I picked up a 98' LSC and haven't really looked back :cool:

That's great, for you.

The Gen II's have their own unique maintenance problems and with finding parts. I love my '96 and would like to keep it and others on the road.

Isn't this the place to find others with the same goal? Lend a hand.

That's great, for you.

The Gen II's have their own unique maintenance problems and with finding parts. I love my '96 and would like to keep it and others on the road.

Isn't this the place to find others with the same goal? Lend a hand.

no that's lod, this is where a bunch of power hungry dbags compare cocks and make fun of each others mistakes. :eek: and thats why i love it here and payed my dues.

imrc + actuators
vcrm
ecm
abs sensors
pretty much everything electronic
i think the factory radio

no that's lod, this is where a bunch of power hungry dbags compare cocks and make fun of each others mistakes. :eek: and thats why i love it here and payed my dues.

imrc + actuators
vcrm
ecm
abs sensors
pretty much everything electronic
i think the factory radio

The ABS sensors all the same from 93-96....

I would say the overwhelming majority of "everything electronic" is not 96-specific either, but the other things (minus the radio....) are all correct.

Also, the EATC is different for 96, but is not 96-specific. They're just a good thing to grab, because they're the newer-looking style with the large, hard buttons...

Must be lucky, never have had imrc issues. Most of my troubles come from getting the hell beat out of the car on I80 between Oakland and Sacramento.

It's knocked connections loose, broken shocks, and destroyed a lower ball joint. They fixed it up a little but you still need to keep an eye out for bad spots.

hey titan I just found a 96 parts car for $300 in arkansas, no title. if you have the means and $ I will hook you up with the cl add it even has a tl rear end with gears. i just want the lights and bumpers. I would go get it this weekend if I had the means. may have been $600 I am looking it back up now...

Edit nope $300 with gears and tl. that is $50 cheaper than the diff I am buying.

Just got off the phone with the guy stock gears with tl in the diff and it is non lsc. if it had been an lsc i would have rented a trailer and gone and picked it up.
here is the add http://jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/2469428227.html

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back