Hood scoop, ruining a good thing?

Oxyargon03

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone's ever put a hood scoop onto an LS. Just in my head i dunno i think it might look kinda alright. Any pictures or stories?

look at quikls's. i think he has one of the nicest ls in this whole community

That's not the same thing i was thinking of. more of a protruding out kind of one. But yes i agree he has a. extremely nice car and i am just trying to make mine look even better. I found a site with a bunch of scoops and fender breathers too.

http://www.andysautosport.com/products.php?id=Li00LS&make=Lincoln&mcat=Exterior&scat=Scoops

check out the 5th one down the A-Boxter. Now will those go onto any fender with some body work or what? And those hood scoops, what do you guys think? Ever seen it done.

BDSax said:
look at quikls's. i think he has one of the nicest ls in this whole community

He doesn't have a hood scoop, more of a ram air intake. There was a post a while back with some *stolen* pics from LLSOC.

attachment.jpg

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=626&highlight=hood+scoop

That's what i'm talking about. Thanks i just wanted to see it on a car. I mean i just bought that cold air intake from LSK, and the hood scoop can do nothing but help your engine breathe better correct? Not to mention i do like the looks of it.

i just got to thinkin. Rain would be getting into my engine if i ever drove it during a storm. That's no good. I don't think it would much matter for the fenders. looks like i gotta clean out the garage if i put a scoop on.

correct - most of these scoops are not functional becasue they actually do not line up with the air intake (so no ram efffect) and would let water into the engine bay.

the right one would look ok - but make it a functional one.

Remember, most of the time while your car is in motion, your intake will be ingesting air that's moving through the front of the car if you have an aftermarket setup. Adding just a hood scoop will do nor more for cooling the intake charge when the car is moving... it's basicly the same air. And when your car is idling, it's just slurping up the war underhood air anyways. Ideally, you'd want to move the point of intake into the fender, below the engine bay, or have the scoop (like Lou) port air directly into the filter box. Other than that, it's just cosmetic.

Although, that ain't a bad thing either. I think a couple of Trans-Am syle tunnels on the hood would be sweet. Just remember you have to deal with the center indentations in the hood.

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest you vent your fenders. If you relocate your air filter (like a K&N cone filter or the KKM intake) into the fender or under the engine bay, it's a better source of high pressure cold air, isolated from the fender. If you vent or cut anything, it'll still allow water to get to your filter and you risk hydrolocking your motor.

Is that any better of an explanation?

i think the hood scoops ruin the LS... anything that u needs put on with tape shudnt really be put on an LS

Gee wiz, my '04 LSE spoiler goes on with 3M tape... so do the Ventshades around the windows. Maybe I should mix up a quart of 2 part epoxy and smather it all over the thing.... maybe a few self tapping screws... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Members online

No members online now.
Back