Hid's

cuda2003

LVC Member
Reaction score
I still have a light dim on my 96 markviii, Max at five star has no bulbs left and waiting for more. Will the lites and ballast from a 1997 or1998 fit a 96?

If I ever find bulbs i'm also looking for a removal and replacement procedure any help would be greatly appreciated

JC1994 said:
This not being able to get replacement HID bulbs is BS :mad: I just spent $1045.00 for HID's last year and now no bulbs????? whats next no windshield wipers?? :mad:
do you think that we could use the LS,TC or the Navi as replacement bulbs? or are they different from the Mark VIIIs

Hids

the bulbs and ballast out of the 97 to 98 won't fit your best bet is to by aftermarket hids which run about 350.00 for the set at least thats from my dist and have a lifetime warranty. My 97 has 2003 audi bulbs and ballasts in it since ford has everything on back order.

A guy told me that the 97-98's will work if modified just a bit, I never looked or tried it though.

the '97-'98's will work. Whoever says they won't is ignorant and over confident. bad combination.

You don't need to change out the ballast though, they're the same minus the plugs, I believe you have to hard wire them.

However I believe they are on backorder just the same.

JC1994 said:
man that sig movie of yours is making it a bitch to scroll down the threads. it like locks up my mouse.

Still using the old pony express Internet, eh? Alright, I'll remove it- as long as you promise me you'll go Broadband :gr_devil:

dream97mk8 said:
the bulbs and ballast out of the 97 to 98 won't fit your best bet is to by aftermarket hids which run about 350.00 for the set at least thats from my dist and have a lifetime warranty. My 97 has 2003 audi bulbs and ballasts in it since ford has everything on back order.

Very interesting. Pics?

JC1994 said:
man that sig movie of yours is making it a bitch to scroll down the threads. it like locks up my mouse.

must be something else locking you up,cause i hadnt noticed anything when he had that sig up?anyone else?

currently on 1meg dsl,5 meg coming next week finally,been told it was coming for 3 years now.

dream97mk8 said:

any more info? that sounds like a great solution. I know I'd switch over immediately, for I don't want to depend on Ford for lightbulbs.

JC1994 said:
we really need to bitch to Ford for this sh!t. how can we drive our cars at night with no freakin' headlights!!! this is total BS!!!! :mad:

us with regular gen 1 lights do it all the time! quit your bitchin!:p

Russo said:
any more info? that sounds like a great solution. I know I'd switch over immediately, for I don't want to depend on Ford for lightbulbs.

x2

MrWilson said:
us with regular gen 1 lights do it all the time! quit your bitchin!:p
yeah well I didn't just spend $1045.00 on HID's to not be able to get replacement bulbs. otherwise I would have not sold my new standard housings and used them instead. and no it's not something else that caused my mouse to lock up. it doesn't act up on anything else on this site.

Members online

No members online now.
Back