HID Headlight options??

hinzy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Came across this HID headlight

Has a crack on the top and a scrape on the side.

Is the only fix to find a cheap assy, cut them both apart and swap?

Does anyone have any need for this here??
Value??

767F9028-A3BF-42FE-9DB9-A0BE48A1D9F9-4117-000004EE7BCC6C2A.gif

C783BC96-E5AE-49FD-917B-F62DAEDE2D24-4117-000004EE7F5B4EC5.gif

On a side note... I notice torx screws around the outside of the unit, what does taking those out get you? If I hadn't seen everyone say they have to be cut apart, I would have assumed the screws are what held the cover on.

Just curious

The screws on the bottom? That's for the cover to the ballast.

...Is the only fix to find a cheap assy, cut them both apart and swap?

That cheap assembly can be halogen. The lens and housing are the same for either. (The guts, including reflectors, are what's different.)

The screws on the bottom? That's for the cover to the ballast.

No, the screws around the outside of the unit.

I just stole some pics of ebay to show the screws, these are not my lights

KGrHqVg0FC111PtDvBQz8ELgNw60_57.gif

KGrHqNisFC73tFvJKBQz8EmJkQQ60_57.gif

Some of the screws hold covers in place that allow you to change the bulbs and ballast. The screws on the top hold the front cover in place as well as the sealant. The front cover will need unscrewed then cut off.

On a side note... I notice torx screws around the outside of the unit, what does taking those out get you? If I hadn't seen everyone say they have to be cut apart, I would have assumed the screws are what held the cover on.

Just curious

These? Access to the bulbs and the ballast.

s6x~us~en~file=n0000656.gif~gen~ref.gif

The screws on the top hold the front cover in place as well as the sealant. The front cover will need unscrewed then cut off.

Thanks, I must have missed the part in Alax's video where he took the screws out.

Anyone here need this thing for a project or something?

I'd prob sell it pretty cheap

Thanks, I must have missed the part in Alax's video where he took the screws out.

The pictures show I cut around these so when you put it all back together, they hold the two halfs enough while the sealant cures.

Anyone here need this thing for a project or something?

I'd prob sell it pretty cheap

Probably for a projector retro into the hi beams, but I'm trying to save up for a few upcoming projects, especially after christmas :(

Probably for a projector retro into the hi beams, but I'm trying to save up for a few upcoming projects, especially after christmas :(

What do you think a good price is as it sits?

All tabs in good condition

Is the crack above the amber reflector? Also, does it fog up or leak because of it?

Is the crack above the amber reflector? Also, does it fog up or leak because of it?

Yes it's above the reflector.

It loks like they put some super glue over it or something to keep from leaking. It looks like a couple runs on the inside that are old so that may have come before they tried sealing it.

I just got the light yesterday so other than what I can see, I don't know much about it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back