HID D2S Adapters possilby available\Group Buy

Russo

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
evillally said:
I think the price is ridiculous.

I thought so too, at first. But considering the price of just one bulb is about $220+ now, it doesn't seem that bad, IMHO.

Frogman said:
Does the price include new DS2 bulbs?

I believe it's just the adapters, the actual bulbs and the ballasts have to be purchased separately. They are much cheaper than our 9500 bulbs though.

WTF????

are we not talking about a simple flat peice of metal that the bub locks into?

am i missing something here,maybe i dont understand the "adapter" but it looks like a plate to hold the new bulb in.

$190 for that?????

please explain.

Definatly sounds High.

Jeremi and I have talked about doing this several times, bt never got around to it. maybe it's about time?

94m5 said:
Definatly sounds High.

Jeremi and I have talked about doing this several times, bt never got around to it. maybe it's about time?

Yep.

Mike, I am few steps ahead of this. Couple test pieces were already made, more to come. And no, they won't be $200.

J.

m_maker said:
Mike, I am few steps ahead of this. Couple test pieces were already made, more to come. And no, they won't be $200.

J.

Good deal. I'm glad to hear something better as far as price. although......permatex is REALLY cheap. ;)

Mike

m_maker said:

J.

Sh!t, I'd buy those right now if they work!

Anyone every make a set of these? I came across a set of 96 HID assemblies in a salvage yard and one has a blown bulb and I decided not to get the ballasts. My thought was convert them to the newer technology. I have come accross a couple of old thread on the different Mark 8 websites, and I was curious if anyone has come out this the adapters yet.

Unless I am mistaken (again), this whole post is passe' now that there are $88 HID kits available on the auction site.

This thread was about DS2 into OEM HID housings, the $88 kits are only for halogen. If you have factory HID housings there are options however.

Members online

No members online now.
Back