Hey, No Fleetwood guys?!

Katshot

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Damn, this forum is dead! Aren't there any Fleetwood guys here? Come on let's rev this place up!

Just playin' around 2.jpg

there are a few, they dont talk much......... Get them talking!!!!!!!!!!

Get 'em talking huh?......

Ok, the best way to get people talking is to give them something to talk about. I'll give it a shot. :biggrin:

Just foolin' around 2.jpg

I did that once with my 93' Brougham. It cost me $2000 to fix the rear end after that. You know in the book where is tells you NOT to turn off the traction control. There's a reason for that. Ask me I'll tell you all about it.

What can we say, big, comfortable, with the right tires they drive much smaller than they are and at just over 18' there's plenty of room all around.

So what did you do to the rear? Oh, and BTW, mine's built for it so it's ok.

Now that I looked at your 'Member Garage' I see that. My rear had severe bearing damage. Carrier and pinion bearings. I had all the bearing replaces and new ring and pinion put in.

So can you post a list of mods? I agree there is a market for such a car.

:)

:yourock:

My mods? Sure.
K&N FIPK (cold air intake), Custom programmed PCM (by me), Custom 2-1/2" Dual exhaust w/3-chamber FlowMasters, 3.73 gears w/Detroit Locker diff., Impala SS Wheels w/custom fabricated center caps and HR255/55-17 Goodyear RS-A rubber, custom springs (for lowering), GM limousine suspension and steering parts, Cross-drilled rotors and HD brakes.
That should about cover it.
When I post timeslips, they are from runs with full tank of pump gas (not racing fuel or octane booster), all original equipment installed (nothing removed for weight savings), and I even leave my sub box and related componentry in the trunk. And the transmission is NOT manually shifted, I run it in OD. I think it's a bunch of crap when you get guys that pull certain ET's at the track but can't reproduce similar performance on the street everyday, because they don't have their slicks on or haven't pulled out half their interior etc. for weight savings. It's just not truely representative of the car's "true" performance. So I think it's easy to say that a LOW 14 or high 13 would be fairly easy to obtain. Maybe one day I'll take it down to the track to get an ABSOLUTE BEST ET.

Interesting. I'm trying to find someone to do some programming on my STS but for some reason people don't answer emails or phone calls.

I called a local speed shop, who's been around for many years, and they asked me what I was talking about. It's an 89' with a 4.5 know anyone that can help?

I'm also looking for other inexpensive mods bolt-on or other. The car has over 200k on it so I don't really want to get into engine work but are there things I can do to the fuel delivery and air intake that would actually increase performance? Maybe some ignition upgrades?

I'll be taking the intake off soon to do the gaskets so I'll probably get out the dremel and polish it up a bit.

Thanks

Hell yeah! Check with Ed Wright at: http://fastchip.com/
He's the MAN! He DOES answer emails too. The PCM programming on my car was done by me using LT1-Edit and my laptop. It works great. Matter of fact, I have a new flash (program) that I did a month ago but haven't installed yet.
As for mods for your car, I always suggest the simple ones first, they net great results and don't force you to sacrifice MPG or dependability or driveability. Open up the intake and exhaust (cold air intake and low restriction filter, and freer flowing exhaust).

Ok. I've done the Dynomax UltraFlo muffler and plan on doing a high flow cat.

Will I really gain anything from adding a different style air intake or should I just go with a K&N low resistance air filter.

The air intake is right in the grill and is almost force fed. I don't see how the cone style filter would help. Am I wrong?

The OEM replacement panel filters net virtually no increase in performance so I'd say they aren't worth doing. The "cone" filters DO help but you have to remember that their placement is as important as their resistance to flow. You can't just hack off the OEM air inlet and install a cone. I see this all the time. Guys pull the OEM system and then install a cone filter up real close to the throttle body thinking that they are helping things. Unfortunately, all they're doing is hurting themselves because now the filter is in a very hot area and in many cases, a low pressure area. In this situation, they're not only feeding the engine hot air but starving it for air too. If you look at a "properly installed" CAI, it keeps the filter isolated from high underhood temps. If not, it's value is suspect at best.

Just so you know this is one of the places that never go tback to me. I have sent a second email per your recomendation :)

BTW what does something like that cost?

Also you said you had some dealings with Cadillac at one time? I was wondering if you had any inside info regarding my STS. It's my understanding that there were only 1893 of these made. I knew the car was special, that's why I bought it, but I had no idea there were so few of them. Now I want to stop driving it.

:dancefool

Katshot said:
He's the MAN! He DOES answer emails too. The PCM programming on my car was done by me using LT1-Edit and my laptop. It works great. Matter of fact, I have a new flash (program) that I did a month ago but haven't installed yet.
As for mods for your car, I always suggest the simple ones first, they net great results and don't force you to sacrifice MPG or dependability or driveability. Open up the intake and exhaust (cold air intake and low restriction filter, and freer flowing exhaust).

codewize said:
Just so you know this is one of the places that never go tback to me. I have sent a second email per your recomendation :)

BTW what does something like that cost?

Also you said you had some dealings with Cadillac at one time? I was wondering if you had any inside info regarding my STS. It's my understanding that there were only 1893 of these made. I knew the car was special, that's why I bought it, but I had no idea there were so few of them. Now I want to stop driving it.

:dancefool

I'm not who you asked for an answer from, but I'll still give you one ;)

In 1989, 20,422 of the regular Seville were produced and, yes, only 1893 STS models were produced.

Fleetwoods are hard to come by in some places. I wanted one about 4 years ago, I searched from Atlanta to Montgomery to Savannah and they were next to impossible to find (keep on the lot, more like) unless they were at a salvage yard (I went that route before with a chevy Lumina Z34, but that's another horror story!)

I'd have to look it up but was '89 the first year for the STS? If so, yeah the car would "possibly" be worth something someday I guess. The problem is the gen II Seville/Eldo was regarded as the worst and therefore doesn't get a whole lot of respect from many people. Hell, the whole FWD Cadillac line-up from '85 up gets little respect. Your car is real sharp and if YOU like it, or even LOVE it, who cares whether it's a "collector's item" or not. Your love and appreciation for the car will always show when you drive it/own it. There's a lot of cars out there that aren't anything special as far as being collector's items but when you see them all shined up, looking like they just rolled off the showroom floor, and then look at the smile on the owners face when they talk about it, THAT's what REALLY counts in my opinion. Face it, most cars will NEVER make you any real money. There's a lot of things that will appreciate WAY better than a car so overall, cars are really a bad investment. Their true value is much more than money can give. It's in the way you feel when you look at it, drive it, wash it. You know. You see guys at car shows sitting behind their cars and it really doesn't matter what the car is, you can tell that their car is just as "special" to them as any other at the show is to their owners. I'll probably never have a "true" show car because to me, the best part of a car is DRIVING IT!

Yes the 89' was the first gen STS. I'm sad to hear that people don't like these cars. I've never really heard much about them either way and I don't see many around. As a matter of fact I've never seen another STS. I think the car is a blast to drive. It's great in the corners and it has substantial power. More power would be better but that's just me :)

Thanks

Katshot said:
I'd have to look it up but was '89 the first year for the STS? If so, yeah the car would "possibly" be worth something someday I guess. The problem is the gen II Seville/Eldo was regarded as the worst and therefore doesn't get a whole lot of respect from many people.

That's all that matters then. YOU'RE happy with it. If it ends up being a rare car and appreciates in value (a rarity for most later model Cadillacs actually), that much better for you! Generally, I'd say you're right. The first and last year for damn near any car is usually worth more.

Whaat? This guy? Here? Where have ya been! How's the flooding by you? I've been kind of following that Yahoo thing, but i've been busy at that "other" place a lot too. So what have you been up to?

DaveSmed said:
Whaat? This guy? Here? Where have ya been! How's the flooding by you? I've been kind of following that Yahoo thing, but i've been busy at that "other" place a lot too. So what have you been up to?

Same old same old. The flooding IS pretty bad and it's not far from me. Thankfully, we bought on high ground. A lot of people were not so lucky. My daughter's boyfreind parents basically lost everything, and no flood insurance!

Looks good. How did you get the paint to stick to your chrome grill? :facesjump

The folks at FastChips first told me it was a 4.6 Northstar and not a 4.5. Not the first time I've argued about that. Then they told me they don't do the 4.5 or the Northstar's. Like I said nobody makes anything or even acknowledges this engine.

It really bums me out.

Katshot said:

Revoh said:
Looks good. How did you get the paint to stick to your chrome grill? :facesjump

Ancient Chinese secret! Actually, my buddy did it at his shop so I'm not sure what he used. I fabricated the grill and he painted it when he shot the hood (after removing the hood ornament).

codewize said:
The folks at FastChips first told me it was a 4.6 Northstar and not a 4.5. Not the first time I've argued about that. Then they told me they don't do the 4.5 or the Northstar's. Like I said nobody makes anything or even acknowledges this engine.

It really bums me out.

Don't give up! That's the same exact thing I went through everytime I looked for something for my FTS build. Everyone would just laugh when I told them that I was looking for performance parts for a Cadillac.

Katshot said:
Don't give up! That's the same exact thing I went through everytime I looked for something for my FTS build. Everyone would just laugh when I told them that I was looking for performance parts for a Cadillac.

And then I assume you quite literally ran them over with your 4700 lb 14.5 1/4 miler?

LOL!!!
Actually, I ended up adapting items from other cars to work on my Fleetwood. Take for instance the K&N kit, it's actually a kit for an Impala SS. Adapt, overcome......

Members online

No members online now.
Back