Hey guys I just got my Xcal2 today...

speedracertjl

LVC Member
Reaction score
and well, I am excited and was wondering how I would go about getting a tune for it tomorrow if at all possible? I know its Saturday and all, and I suppose if I have to wait I will.Any suggestions? Also, my '02 LSE is stock right now, will that be ok to flash? QuikLS and OHIOLS I noticed you guys had tunes from the fordpartsnetwork guys? any more feedback or updates on how your tunes have been? I know I'm anxious..and appreciate any help you guys could give me.Oh also, Where is the PCM code? I dropped the dash cover below the glove box and didn't see the PCM though I just glanced under there? Again thanks !!

speedracertjl said:
and well, I am excited and was wondering how I would go about getting a tune for it tomorrow if at all possible? I know its Saturday and all, and I suppose if I have to wait I will.Any suggestions? Also, my '02 LSE is stock right now, will that be ok to flash? QuikLS and OHIOLS I noticed you guys had tunes from the fordpartsnetwork guys? any more feedback or updates on how your tunes have been? I know I'm anxious..and appreciate any help you guys could give me.Oh also, Where is the PCM code? I dropped the dash cover below the glove box and didn't see the PCM though I just glanced under there? Again thanks !!

What did you pay for it :L

very happy with mine.

I am using a tune with 19wrhp+, modified shift points and improlved shift firmness.

the PCM code is a little sticker on the end of the unit - 4-digits

LOVE THE SCT- EXCAL2 PCM FLASHER!

I actually bought and had a tune made by Steeda in Canada. I am currently running there medium or other wise known as 91octane. I have been waiting for my newest tune the 93octane cause soon I will be heading to Colletti Motorsports to dyno it for the first time. http://collettimotorsports.com/

Speedracer, so do you have any other mods, as in exhaust or intake? Cause personally I would recomend having at least one or preferably both done before I invested money into having some programs writen for you Excal2. The exhaust on 00-02 LS8 is extremely restrictive. Also if you bought this of someone or ebay you will more then likely have to send to a SCT dealer so they can enter your PCM code # so it will work only for your car. Wish you much luck, any other questions someone is always here!?

-Scott-

ps I live literally a whole 45 mins away from you in Ohio.

Can't he plug in the SCT and get the code from the PCM that way? I know I could always pull the calibration codes from my OTC scan tool and the STAR tester.

I did not buy the XCal2 from ebay or online, I bought it from a local shop, but they aren't set up to tune the LS and personally I would rather have someone tune who has worked on there cars before and has some experience with them.OHIOLS , as of right now I have no mods done yet, though today I am considering getting an intake, and sometime in the future want to swap to a 3.58 rear and get the magnaflow.What part of Ohio are you from? I am in NE Indiana (Fort Wayne)

If you plug in the XCal2, select "Read DTC/Data" and select "Read Strategy" post it up here, I'll get you your box code. ;-)

i cant wate till i get the money saved up to get my sct flasher man

As promised:

PAR0

-Matt

P.S. If your tuner has Advantage 3.0, they should be able to just put in the strategy and open up your code.

Also, been playing with the shift / tq lockup schedule..

Car starts in 1st now, makes for smoother going up hills (ie, no shift to 3rd in the middle of going up the hill at 20 MPH or less), neutral rev limit at 6800, no tq converter lock/unlock on throttle position change, etc..

Works great so far. Once I get it shifting at the points I like (it's close now), then I'll work on firmness, then I'll work on power :)

-Matt

mdrobnak...do you work at a shop? do you also recommend Torrie for my tune? if not who else? the PAR0 you gave me, that is my PCM code correct? is that a "zero" or an "O"?

that's a zero.

I do have a shop, but we only have the databases (to tune other cars) for Mustangs. However, since I own a 2000 LS, I got the code for that for personal use.

From what I understand, Torrie is the person to go to for the LS. You can be sure I'll be tweaking my 3.9L V8 too though :-D

-Matt

Cool. Thanks Matt.Thanks again for the code and I will be sure to let you guys know what I think once I get my tune.

Nice work speedracer, see there is always someone on here to help you out! Good luck with the program. Let us know what happens.

-Scott-

Members online

Back