Here She Is

davemeradith

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Never posted pics of her til today. It was ok out so I snapped a few (with my phone so sorry about quality). 2000 Lincoln LS V8 Non-Sport Miidnight Metallic Grey with 140k miles. Currrently waiting for winter to roll through to put on my Eibachs and chrome 18's. I have the Magnaflow Cat-Back system and I'm waiting on HID's. She's no where near the quality of rides I see on here, but I'm trying to get her up there. By the way, can anyone tell me how to get up inside bumper so I can secure the chrome accent in last pic? When I purchased car he had backed into a pole slightly so theres minor chrome cracking/peeling and its bending out. Thanks.

ls1.jpg

ls2.jpg

ls3.jpg

ls4.jpg

Last edited:
I like that color it is a pleasant change from the usual like black or white. How do you like the Magnaflows? I might be getting some this summer.

I think it's perfect. Louder, but not too loud. Very smooth though. I just need to buy and install tips.

Do you have a cold air intake? I'm not sure about the bumper besides taking it all the way off. Perhaps crawl underneath and see if you can reach up there.

Was expecting Miss America but the LS doesn't disappoint a part of me.

Clean looking ride. What kind of 18's are you looking into?

Also, don't the bumper accents just clip on from the outside? I couldn't imagine them being clipped or screwed in from the back side.

Ya I have the cheap Insys USA aluminum intake tube with a KN filter (I'd like to eventually purchase the all in one stainless/aluminum tube instead with KN).

After you get that trim snapped back on you should color match them all. Nice ride, I like that color too

Ya I have the cheap Insys USA aluminum intake tube with a KN filter (I'd like to eventually purchase the all in one stainless/aluminum tube instead with KN).

I have that same one too and I don't have any complaints with it, but then again I've never heard an LS with a different intake.

Was expecting Miss America but the LS doesn't disappoint a part of me.

Clean looking ride. What kind of 18's are you looking into?

Also, don't the bumper accents just clip on from the outside? I couldn't imagine them being clipped or screwed in from the back side.

I already have my 18's. Just in storage til I'm ready for them. Here's what they look like.
http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rims/PACER-776C _ Silhouette-Chrome.html

If I pull the trim back, the chrome has little tabs with holes in them that slide into slits in the bumper itself.

I have that same one too and I don't have any complaints with it, but then again I've never heard an LS with a different intake.

Don't get me wrong, no complaints and it does its job well. I just think a single tube would perform better and I know it looks way cleaner.

Don't get me wrong, no complaints and it does its job well. I just think a single tube would perform better and I know it looks way cleaner.

I agree 100%. I just recently painted my rubber elbows black and I think it looks much better than the ricer blue.

+1 on painting the chrome inserts. Inserts plus wheels=OC(over chrome).

And friends do not let friends die from OC.

My chrome trim did the same thing. I used a bolt, reached my arm up there, and dropped it in the hole of the trim.

We were definitely after that color when we were looking for our LS back in '01. And we found one, but it had a rear-end rumble at 50 mph that the dealer refused to look at until we bought the car. Turns out, I think there was a TSB that resolved that issue, but we didn't have access to that info so that car stayed on the lot.

I'd get some 3M double sided tape, the stuff they use for car moldings. Just be sure you don't wanna take that part off for any reason in the future because that tape isn't no joke.

Nice!!! Love the color.:cool: Look killer all one color. Do alittle de-chroming. You will be good to go. :D

Nice!!! Love the color.:cool: Look killer all one color. Do alittle de-chroming. You will be good to go. :D

thanks ya i want to look into getting front/rear bumper touch up then have them color match and do all the chrome except the grille n window trim. questions though- do i need to peel off chrome before they paint? can i leave chrome on or bring em in seperate? anyone ever color matched black part on grille and left chrome/think it would look good or too much? thanks guys

Not sure color matching the waterfalls would be a good look. May somewhat wash out the front end. As far as painting the chrome inserts, I would think normal prepping as with any item would suffice. A light sand a primer coat for proper adhesion would be included.

what is the best bulb setup for the turn signals and side markers with the cleared out lenses like mine? i dont like the stock bulbs in there the colors are ugly and all different. i have 6000k hids for high and low on way from ddm.

thanks ya i want to look into getting front/rear bumper touch up then have them color match and do all the chrome except the grille n window trim. questions though- do i need to peel off chrome before they paint? can i leave chrome on or bring em in seperate? anyone ever color matched black part on grille and left chrome/think it would look good or too much? thanks guys

IMG_1624.jpg

I color matched the whole grille and really liked it at the time. I since went back to the black...I felt it made the car look to over taken with color in the front and not enough contrast with the lower grille on the bumper being black....

However you can try it out and if you like it keep it, if not re-do it...ultimately its your taste and only you now it best.

what is the best bulb setup for the turn signals and side markers with the cleared out lenses like mine? i dont like the stock bulbs in there the colors are ugly and all different. i have 6000k hids for high and low on way from ddm.

I used chrome bulbs. I read Silverstar makes one that doesn't look egg-yolk-yellow.

Members online

No members online now.
Back