Here is my mark viii

markviii96

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been getting alot of help from you all on here so I thought I would show you my 96 Mark Viii. So far I have put in used headlights, 5000k HID's,multifunction switch with the conversion for all highs/lows to come on with highs, Strut Conversion, and alot of hours spent just tinkering with it. I know it needs some work but for picking it up for $150, its not to bad

Mark1.jpg

mark2.jpg

mark3.jpg

I think I would have liked my mark more if I had had a different interior.

Smokin deal! I thought my 439 special was the best deal .LOL Enjoy the heck out of her. Also just getting rims makes car go from grandpa to tough in seconds.

Yup 150. I am now up to like $1800 with all the parts I have into it though, getting it towed home, and a shop manual. OH and it came with tires with less then 1000 miles on them

Does it still have a compressor in it that works? We need to get you back on air. Only if you think the car is worth it. I'm sure it has it's flaws being $150 and that's to be expected but with the air ride being shot, that would for sure have the price low. You could have drove the car but it would have been one rough ride. I messed around and drove mine the other day on a good smooth road for almost a 1/2 mile and let me just say, "I thought that road was smooth" :D I had to reset my switch and come back up to normal.

Whomever sold it to you could have gotten $400-$450 for scrap.

this couldn't drive. We drove it to the tow truck with the exhaust hitting a little bit, and when they dropping it off at our house we couldn't get it into the barn because we got stuck on the frame :D

The reason we went with struts was because with the car having 177,000 miles on it we thought it would be easier and cheaper to not go air. The compressor did run sometimes so i don't know if it works or not. So i am not sure if the car is worth air but its still a nice ride with the struts and new shocks.

Well, you made a good buy and as long as you take care of it, which is what you seem to be doing so far with making sure you run 93 and using fully synthetic oil. I would get on those plugs next and if you're ok with changing them every 15K to 20K miles, I would use Autolite Copper 764's gapped at .054 but if it will be daily driven, go with the platinum plugs and you'll be good to double that. Might even get better gas mileage with platinum's. I have always ran the 764's as have many on here but I think my next plug swap will be over to the platinum because I'm not out here trying to race everyone. I just want to drive it normal and last me as long as possible.

Mark VIII's on here have been known to still be rolling up to 400K miles and still running fine. A lot of them on here are well into the 200K range and still running fine. I feel like mine is just now getting broke in. There are a lot of people out there that have no idea what a Mark III is. I myself have always wanted one since 1993 when they were $40,000 but I couldn't afford a car like that back then. I always said that I would have one someday and this one is my 3rd. My dad totaled one (93) and I literally blew up the 94 which I finally bought in 2005

If you ever get the chance to test drive one with air ride, give it a shot and see what you think. You'll feel the difference. Some on here have converted but they put good money into their conversions to get the ride they get. Then there are some of us that will never let the air go.

Ya, the mark is my dads I have just been helping him fix it up and driving it while my car is fixed.... I don't want to give it back though so I have been taking my time fixing mine :D. He is very picky on his cars and they are normally in very good shape, atleast when he is done with them.

Members online

Back