Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nick88

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a dead battery on my 02' ans I dont have a key to get into the trunk to give it a jump. What do I do??? I'm getting so sick of this car. i think im going to sell it. Thanks for any help

Nick in Kansas

Fold down the rear seats man and pull the emergency cord to pop the trunk

how do u fold the seats down? I thought u can only do it through the trunk:confused:

SH!T I totally forgot about that...pry the hell out of them lol

If you have a spare battery and jumper cables you can put the positive cable on the positive side of the starter and ground the negative on the frame somewhere. That should give you the power to pop the lock.

Just called the local locksmith. he wants 90 bucks to get the trunk open!!!!!!!!!! I love small towns

Connect the positive to the power wire coming off the alternator and the ground to the metal somewhere

Just called the local locksmith. he wants 90 bucks to get the trunk open!!!!!!!!!! I love small towns

One of those battery boxes that plug into the power point or lighter would be cheaper. After a few minutes, you would probably have enough power to pop the trunk.

would it matter if my lighter doesnt work?

Well, I wouldn't expect it to work with a dead battery. However, if you mean it didn't work even before you had battery problems, then it won't work for this either.

How are you going to start the car without the key?

there is a postive jump post in the inside of the passenger wheel well.

the ignition key and the trunk key r diffrent. atleast mine is. I went to wal mart and got one of those cigarette lighter jump things. ill keep u postef

the ignition key and the trunk key r diffrent. atleast mine is. I went to wal mart and got one of those cigarette lighter jump things. ill keep u postef

That's not right. The trunk and ignition should be the same key. How did you end up with different keys?

The trunklid (or ignition) was probably replaced sometime before he got it.
Is there really a jump post in the wheelwell thoguh? I'm goin to look right now hahaha

Yep. My ignition key and my trunk key are diffrent. My ignition key doesnt fit the hole lol

They probaby replaced the trunk from rust or somehing, my ls has no blemishes besides the front bumper but the trunk lid has a few random corrosion spots so I wanna replace mine

But I just looked for that post, didn't see ANYTHING on the passenger side either wells but on the rear driversside well there is a random "bolt" looking thing coming through the plastic is that it?

Did you get it open yet? I've heard a bunch of good ideas on this so far.

the post quik is referring to is on the firewall side of the passenger wheel well. you have to remove the wheel and wheel well liner to access it.

Yea that would be stupid to make it easy lol

In my owners manual it doesn't say anything about that, it says pop the trunk and remove the spare tire cover and back up to the front of the jumper vehicle

The trunk lid, like the front fenders and hood, on the Lincoln LS is aluminum… no rust.

I don't mean to call it rust but like corrosionbor something, there's 2 like quarter sized spots where the paints all bubbled up and the "aluminum" looks really corroded

If you have a spare battery and jumper cables you can put the positive cable on the positive side of the starter and ground the negative on the frame somewhere. That should give you the power to pop the lock.

+1

Members online

Back