Help!

00greenls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi! I have a question i hope you can help me with.
I have 2000 ls v-8...have ss cai with kkm filter and home made after cat exhaust with h pipe installed no res and after market mufflers.
Noticed today that on full throttle my car like breaks up or kinda pops thru the exhaust kind of like its hitting the rev limiter if you were to rev it to 3000 rpms in park. Any ideas what this can be? Had this set up for months without any problems. I do not have any cels or check engine lights. I am completely baffled.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!! ps- have no issues at low speeds or rpms..no shifting problems either. Could it be cats? Timing? Coils?even though i have no misfires..Unmetered air? Blocked exhaust???

you have a very common issue with Gen1 LS V8 - the valve cover leak and oil get into the spark plug wells. This causes misfires and other issues - usually at higher RPM, but also at idle.

remove the COP cover and look for oil in the plug wells.

I had passenger side valve cover replaced already a couple months ago but not driver;s side. Driver's side looks good though i don't see any leaking oil anywhere but i will pull cops to make sure. Thanks for your reply quick ls!

you have a very common issue with Gen1 LS V8 - the valve cover leak and oil get into the spark plug wells. This causes misfires and other issues - usually at higher RPM, but also at idle.
remove the COP cover and look for oil in the plug wells.

+1

Thanks! I never had any idle problems or misses does that matter?
My idle is great,regular driving is great and i don;t have any misfires while driving. Does that matter? Thanks again!!

Staff online

Members online

Back