help with cd changer on a 95 conti

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My cd player doesn't work anymore. I asked one of my friends and he said your lazer is messed up. IT says "BAD CD". so is there anything I can do.

what type of cd is it? Maybe the old Conti can't read the last burned cds, if its one of those.

no, It played them before but, now it just say bad cd on any cd I put in it

have you ever cleaned the CD player? The sell those kits pretty cheap at places like Best buy. However, that won't eliminate any major problems.

the answer to your question is simple. Purchase a new cd changer ;) might aswell upgrade your headunit while your at it if you havn't already I changed out the stock stereo and cd changer in mine to pioneer stuff and I love it

CobraConti said:
have you ever cleaned the CD player? The sell those kits pretty cheap at places like Best buy. However, that won't eliminate any major problems.
I have done that but it played once then when I started it next time it did the same thing. I don't really like to change the stock system because they leave half of the space empty. I really like my stock unit.

I swapped my Stock changer for a 12 disc JVC I am very pleased...

Stock unit was messing up...

Got the JVC off eBay for $40 plus $8 shipping..

Watch what you buy make sure they have all the connecting cables..

Cables are available on eBay also for a fraction of the cost.

JVC cable $80 from JVC.... eBay $10 to $20

carefully take the unit apart and use a can of compressed air to blow it clean.wipe the laser eye very carefully with a q tip with 91%alc avail in red bottle at wal mart in drug section.go to a good electronics store not rs and get a grease designed for precision instruments (type name is alluding me im tired tonight)very lightly grease the motor jackscrew and the pivot points on the whole thing.make sure no crud is hiding on the jackscrew.if done right the unit will love you and should rock your world again. :wave

aristo1963 said:
carefully take the unit apart and use a can of compressed air to blow it clean.wipe the laser eye very carefully with a q tip with 91%alc avail in red bottle at wal mart in drug section.go to a good electronics store not rs and get a grease designed for precision instruments (type name is alluding me im tired tonight)very lightly grease the motor jackscrew and the pivot points on the whole thing.make sure no crud is hiding on the jackscrew.if done right the unit will love you and should rock your world again. :wave
how do I take the changer out. I don't see any screws to get it out. If you want me to take a pic and so you can tell me.

mark0101 said:
how do I take the changer out. I don't see any screws to get it out. If you want me to take a pic and so you can tell me.

is it in the center console?

aristo1963 said:
so mark were you able to get it done?
john
I was not able to find the three screws you tolded me. You said that They will be under the rubber, right. I couldn't find any other screws.

mark0101 said:
I was not able to find the three screws you tolded me. You said that They will be under the rubber, right. I couldn't find any other screws.

not rubber mark they are under the face cover.you have to very carefully pry the front cover off after you remove all other screws,also a hidden screw under a sticker on the side.i tried calling you back on the number my cell recorded to check up on how it was coming,got a message from a young lady and later a man called back.i etold him i was trying to help a fellow lincoln owner and he said sorry not you lol.
john

aristo1963 thanks for your help. I did what you tolded me and it started playing again. I had to do it twice because the disk cleaner played in the cd changer by mistake and it messed it up again. I did it again and now its working perfect. I think the disk cleaner messed it up last time too. Again thanks for your help. oh yeah, The men you talked to was my father, I was using his phone.

mark0101 said:
aristo1963 thanks for your help. I did what you tolded me and it started playing again. I had to do it twice because the disk cleaner played in the cd changer by mistake and it messed it up again. I did it again and now its working perfect. I think the disk cleaner messed it up last time too. Again thanks for your help. oh yeah, The men you talked to was my father, I was using his phone.

lol good to hear .please tell your dad im not some weird old stalker just a guy tryin to help a fellow lincoln lover :wrench

your going to need a new spindle motor from the sound of it.ill try and find you a source for one. :nxsmile

Members online

No members online now.
Back