help! what is wrong with lincoln ls

taylormadeecg

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a 2002 lincoln ls. it has a rough idle and also has a hesatation when i give it heavy gas from a still position. but then it also has a loss of power when at high speeds. its just not running the same anymore. i love my ls but this is killing me. i took it to a ford dealership downtown and they said i had bad gas...they r+r my gas tank and cleaned lines. but it didnt help the problem. exaust also smells strong. ......and also i know about the coil problems but i dont have check engine light on. is there always a check engine light when coil is going bad? pleas help...

Search. There's a thread on this same page with your answer. These cars are very particular with maintenence and if this has you that worried you might as well just sell it.

Be prepared for issues with the cooling system, hydraulic fan, and even possibly the timing chains.

are you fukcing serious right now? your first post on this site has to be the most asked question ever.

then there are the people who are so impatient that their answer is needed so bad that they cant search for themselves, that their second post is starting another damn thread asking the exact same question over again with out paying attention to the answer that was given in the first one just one hour later.

again for those with trouble understanding, when you asked

does your check engine light always come on when coils are bad?
i told you

almost never

which means that most of the time when your coils are going bad you will not get a check engine light. it has to be very very bad for the light to come on.

at any giving point about 1/3 of the people on this site are just leaches that sign up to ask the most asked questions out there because they are too lazy/not intelligent enough to search and find the answer for themselves which cloggs up the search feature even more for those of us that would like to be able to find the information we need. and then disappear never to be seen again all while offering nothing back to the community.

dont be that guy!

Loud LS tell us how you really feel hahah, and by the way don't go to Downtown Ford, there is nothing wrong with your gas, I think they really don't understand this car. The techs used to ask me questions or borrow my car when I worked there and they had an LS

also the reason that nobody gave you an answer the first time is not because they didnt know the answer, but instead this dead horse has be beaten so badly that nobody wants to hear another word about it.

Bush League!

You probably just have some dirty oil. Run some dish soap through the crankcase to clean everything up.

its funny that you :q:q:qs that dont have :q:q:q:q else to do but sit around and post :q:q:q:q on this forum have a problem with me asking a simple question. the lincoln is just my work car anyway you broke mother:q:q:q:qers. but i would like it to run good again.

its funny that you :q:q:qs that dont have :q:q:q:q else to do but sit around and post :q:q:q:q on this forum have a problem with me asking a simple question. the lincoln is just my work car anyway you broke mother:q:q:q:qers. but i would like it to run good again.

41CC2BQTQ4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Half in the crank, half in your mouth.

Wait what....? Are you kidding? You come here ask for help then get this attitude when you are told the rules of the board. Do you tell your boss to :q:q:q:q off or what deal with it or learn what google is the :q:q:q:q man. Don't be a little piss ant because you got yelled at. I just don't get why people come here get told what they need to do then get pissed because it's not the answer they like

So which part of his response makes him broke? Like he doesn't have money or he is not in good working order? Please explain. Are you so wealthy that everyone here is broke to you in that case just go buy yourself a lamborghini

So which part of his response makes him broke? Like he doesn't have money or he is not in good working order? Please explain. Are you so wealthy that everyone here is broke to you in that case just go buy yourself a lamborghini

No doubt, if you the OP has more money than the rest of us he would take it to a mechanic to get if fixed and not sign up and ask stupid questions on a free forum.

Good luck with your car.

Yeah I don't get people. I think he was trying to insult us by calling us poor because he is sad I don't know though

Take all the coils out of your car and wire them backwards and see how it runs.

And while youre at it unplug the maf as well and drain all the fluid out of the tranny and go drive it. good luck :q:q:q:qer.

Take all the coils out of your car and wire them backwards and see how it runs.

And while youre at it unplug the maf as well and drain all the fluid out of the tranny and go drive it. good luck :q:q:q:qer.

My maf has been unplugged for about 4 months hahaha runs great.... Not sure if that points to another issue but I am leaving it be for now

for the record, the first thing that i said WAS helpful advice giving about one hour before this thread was even created.

if it was such a simple question, why was there a need to ask it twice? in my household, we are expected to be able to answer complex questions the first time asked. so take that you rich fukc.

Wrong LS

Step 1. Replace all COPs. & plugs.
Step 2. Replace all parts from headlights to windshield visible after opening hood!
Step 3. Fill gas tank with 93 octane gas & 1 bottle SEAFOAM.
Step 4. Test drive.
Step 5. Replace all O2 sensors, check for clogged CATs.
Step 6. Replace TPS.
Step 7. Replace EGR valve.
Step 8. Replace VCGs
Step 9. Replace intake manifold gaskets, upper/lower
Step 10 Replace PCV valve
Step 11 Replace fuel filter
Step 12 Take to shop get full diagnostics
Step 13 Get new MATCHBOX vehicle

This car can be fixed in three steps

1. Unscrew radiator cap(degas bottle cap)
2. Drive new car under said cap
3. Tighten cap to new car

This car can be fixed in three steps

1. Unscrew radiator cap(degas bottle cap)
2. Drive new car under said cap
3. Tighten cap to new car

Too much work. It would be easier to just take the screws out of the license plate, jack up said license plate, and drive a new car under license plate, then replace.

Members online

No members online now.
Back