Help - Turn Signal

Jafeb

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey.. My turn signal occasionally doesn't work... Sometime it stay solid or does not turn at all but there are time it works perfectly...Is the problem a fuse? Am I doing something wrong?

unplug the flasher & plug it back in
I had a problem with that on my car, and it was a bad connection on the flasher....
worth a try anyway

Hey.. My turn signal occasionally doesn't work... Sometime it stay solid or does not turn at all but there are time it works perfectly...Is the problem a fuse? Am I doing something wrong?

What year is your car? Could be a multi-function switch problem, if so, you'll need to replace the switch. Not too bad on the 93-96 models, a little harder on the 97-98 models.

I have a 96 Mark

You're in luck then, if it is the multi-function switch, you just have to unscrew the tilt arm, remove the lower steering column shroud, remove the key cylinder, remove the upper shroud, unbolt the multi-function switch, unplug the harness, do everything in reverse order to put it back together.

Also, call Max at Fivestar Ford for the best price on the multi-function switch. Tell him you are an LVC member and you'll get a little cheaper price. His number is as follows: 1-800-866-1520 When the operator answers, ask for Max in the parts dept.

I'll even do you one better, here are the instructions!!!!

http://cis.macc.edu/~aboley/Multifunction Switch 96 Mark VIII.pdf

Did you see my headlight refurb 'sticky' 96 hotrod? - has pics of a full step by step on the MFS removal. (they say pics speak a thousand words)

Here's a stupid question.... I can't find the flasher for this car... Does anyone know where is located?

Members online

Back