HELP!! shaking/vibrating while idleing

1995towncar

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Help please!! when i start my 94 Mark up, and let it idle, after maby a min it starts to vibrate/shake. Not bad, but when you are sitting in it you can feel it in the seat, or if the doors open, you can feel the door shake. If you give it gas it stops. The tackometer is not bouncing, so its not the motor going. cars got 59k on it. I need to figure out what this is ASAP, because if i am going to return it to the dealer, tommorw is my last day. What could it be? Thank you very much for your time!!!
Anthony
Thanks! :feedback

:yourock:

Have you tried resetting the computer? Maybe the idle needs to be re-learned?

Could be any of the sensors acting up. The IAC (Idle Air Control), the IAT (Air Intake Temp), ECT (Engine Coolant Temp), TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) or maybe even plugs. Even a bad wire. Doesn't hurt to go by the stealership and ask one of the mechanics for an opinion. If it is really cold, any of the sensors could be acting up a little.

I have no idea what that stuff is, or where it is. Chiltons says it may be motor mounts, but I dont think it would. It didnt do this when i was looking at it, I drove it for 3 miles, then stoped and let it idle. ran fine then. I just went to start it this morning. It didnt shake that much like before, but it was making a noise like something vibrating, you can hear it in the car but not outside. That also goes away when I give it gas. If I cant figure it out its going back. I dont want any probelms with it.

1995towncar said:
Help please!! when i start my 94 Mark up, and let it idle, after maby a min it starts to vibrate/shake. Not bad, but when you are sitting in it you can feel it in the seat, or if the doors open, you can feel the door shake. If you give it gas it stops. The tackometer is not bouncing, so its not the motor going. cars got 59k on it. I need to figure out what this is ASAP, because if i am going to return it to the dealer, tommorw is my last day. What could it be? Thank you very much for your time!!!
Anthony
Thanks! :feedback

:yourock:

well this wont help but i have the same prob, just havent had it checked out let me know if you do figure it out.

This may be a long shot, but put a voltmeter on and measure the voltage at idle. The alternator could be barely putting any juice out at idle and a marginal coil or even spark plug wire could be low on voltage at idle.

Try turning off the climate control and see if that makes any difference.

type-o

You say tomorrow is your last day to take it back to the dealer? Then...take it back....and let them fix it.

sounds like a slight miss at idle, or like JP said...weak alternator.

I wouldnt try anything that might void whatever warranty a 'dealer" put on it. take it back, and let them deal with it.

if it has that low mileage on it, that doesnt rule out bad wires, or bad plugs...ignition parts can die of age, before mileage.

I say, if they dont fix it for you, and you end up keeping it, throw 8 new plugs, gapped at .054, and a new wire set on it, either the Ford racing blue, or MSD.

I ended up bringing it back. I dont know if i posted this, but when I bought it it was sopose to have a clear title, when i got the title yesterday and saw it wasnt, and that it was a Previous salvage/reconstructed title, i didnt want the car. Motor ran like a top. I didnt figure out what it was. I got my full cash money back, so i have nothing to complain about. The car didnt come from a Lincoln dealer, or a used car dealer. It came from a wholesaler/repairable dealer. He sells perfectly fine clean cars, cars that have damage, donated cars and cosignments. This car was donated by the little old lady from pasedena. Was well taken care of. When i posted about it before i bought it, and you guys said once i drive it i wouldnt want the town cars, you were all right. if it had a clean title, i would have kept it. But being in the autobody field, I know a car had to be F***ed up to get a salvage title. And the car then has no resale value. For me being 16, you would think i would be driving a mark already, but i prefer the bigger sister, Town Car. So for now im going to stick with the town car. I cant see me giving it up, i grew up on it, I owned 9 of them before my license (parting them out and reselling them) Maby eventually i will get a mark, but not right now. Thanks for all your help guys. Keep em clean!!!!

Good Call, no sense creating all the xtra trouble for yourself right now.

Just to throw out there, I got a Mark 8 CD Changer (works 100%), Cd changer remote control, Mark 8 License plate bracket (front) and 95 Mark 8 owners manuals For sale. I have had these for some time. I got them in a huge wholesale lot I bought with all lincoln stuff. I used the town car stuff and sold off the LS and some mark stuff. I had all the exterior lights and a window switch for the Mark 8, but are already sold. If nobodys intrested ill put em on ebay. Just taking up space.

Members online

Back