Help Please!

GirlNextDoor

LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I have no clue what this is...
:confused:

lls.jpg

it is on the fuel line. No one I know has a clue as to what it is. I am guessing by shape that it is a check valve that keeps fuel pressure at the rail to help start the car. But I can not confirm or deny that.

@msgtusmc - Do you know what kind of vacuum?

@2002_lincolnLS Right on. It seems as if a lot of people don't know what it is, I have been told fuel pressure regulator/dampener, but no one knows for sure.

I guess it's one of those parts that know one knows what it does, but if you break it you're screwed.

No, we had a vacuum leak some where under the hood, and my fiance and I were like what is that(the silver thing), but the good news is that we fixed the leak.

@msgtusmc - Do you know what kind of vacuum?

@2002_lincolnLS Right on. It seems as if a lot of people don't know what it is, I have been told fuel pressure regulator/dampener, but no one knows for sure.

I guess it's one of those parts that know one knows what it does, but if you break it you're screwed.

Well I can assure you of this, it is not the regulator. The LS does not have one, instead it has a pressure sensor that controls the pump. I actually took the "silver Disk" out and put a straight coupler in, and saw no difference in operation.

right, well I don't always listen to everything every one tells me, lol. Just needed a second opinion. You guys have been so helpful. Thanks!

I will def stick around ;)

O.O Damn! Looking good!
Well, that picture is not of my engine, but another gen 1.
When we bought our car it was all kinds of messed up. No AC (compressor) driver side ball joint wasn't on all the way, actuator door is stuck open, misfire on 2 & 3, stuck plug on 3, the chassy is twisted, the muffler has a hole in it, and last, they didn't have the coils screwed in, and the coil cover was missing!. Also, the car was re-painted silver, but who ever did it didn't sand her down first, so it looks like pooh. Who ever owned the car before us did not appreciate the beauty of this car.

Since we have owned it, we have fixed the misfire and stuck plug, the ball joint, got the cover for the coils, and the screws, and are working on the AC. I do love my LS, one of the best cars I have ever owned.

We are still working on it, and plan to have her re-painted the correct way, and some other thing, then I will have lots of pics of my baby:)

(also the plastic cap the covers the engine is missing)

O.O Damn! Looking good!
Well, that picture is not of my engine, but another gen 1.
When we bought our car it was all kinds of messed up. No AC (compressor) driver side ball joint wasn't on all the way, actuator door is stuck open, misfire on 2 & 3, stuck plug on 3, the chassy is twisted, the muffler has a hole in it, and last, they didn't have the coils screwed in, and the coil cover was missing!. Also, the car was re-painted silver, but who ever did it didn't sand her down first, so it looks like pooh. Who ever owned the car before us did not appreciate the beauty of this car.

Since we have owned it, we have fixed the misfire and stuck plug, the ball joint, got the cover for the coils, and the screws, and are working on the AC. I do love my LS, one of the best cars I have ever owned.

We are still working on it, and plan to have her re-painted the correct way, and some other thing, then I will have lots of pics of my baby:)

(also the plastic cap the covers the engine is missing)

Also, she wont hold any windshield washer fluid, I filled it up, and next thing I know, it was gone, never used..

Also, she wont hold any windshield washer fluid, I filled it up, and next thing I know, it was gone, never used..

Check that the washer pump assembly is correctly mated with the reservoir. It just pushes in. Then check the hose from it to the washer nozzles.

one time i hit an opossum, that f$%&er ripped the pump smooth off the bottle. this one was easy to spot as the fluid would come back out as soon as i put it back in.

if a gallon of fluid disappears, you definitely have a leak somewhere, fill it up and check to see where it is coming out from.

It wasn't leaking on my driveway, can I try and use water to do this instead of wasting washer fluid?

- the crazy part about it is my car is telling me the washer fluid is OKAY, but it's almost bone dry, maybe a faulty sensor?

(ps, we JUST noticed that our car is missing the in-vehicle temperature sensor, some one removed it and never put it back..)

Yes, you can use plain water until you figure out the leak.

Sweet, thanks! I'm going to go try and look at everything now. It's just a pain to have to wait for answers sometimes. Wish I was a mechanic lol!

That sounds like one rough project LS. I hope you got it for a steal, and by that I mean almost free.

You can buy an LS with half those problems fairly cheap. That twisted chassis one would have made me say no.

yeah, I read the twisted chassis part and immediatly ran out to FROSTY in the driveway
and gave her a big hug full of support and said "Thank god, you are not twisted"

Well, the car was valued at 7k, and I talked the dude down to $3,500. The car runs and drives great! I couldn't ask for a better car, and it's a possibility that the chassy is twisted, but we don't know for sure.

I think you'd notice panel misalignment is the chassis was tweaked. Check the gaps between body panels (doors, hood, trunk, etc) for even gaps.

Yeah, there are gaps, and parts that are pinched really close. Could it be something other than the chassy?

If not, how can we fix it?

Members online

No members online now.
Back