Help me order a degas bottle

Hernandez

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
my degas bottle is cracked so i need to change it right now because after long heat it will get empty almost instantaneously.

so where should i buy it and how
i am going to order it to El paso, texas and i have pay pal
what about prices and shipping rates/time?

my degas bottle is cracked so i need to change it right now because after long heat it will get empty almost instantaneously.

so where should i buy it and how
i am going to order it to El paso, texas and i have pay pal
what about prices and shipping rates/time?

There is a site I order all my OEM stuff from. newfordparts.com . Quick shipping, great customer service and decent prices.

Bump!

Oh, you guys gotta hear this!

So FROSTY started leaking leaking behind the drivers side wheel = Degas bottle.

I had been collecting various other parts related to my no/little heat at idle, intermittent heat at RPM's above Idle,
ordered DCCV, Aux pump, Aluminium JAG Thermostat housing w/ cap, OEM Lincoln Stat and related plumbing parts.

While ordering these parts to resolve my DCCV little heat problem, it started working again
by itself after having added some coolant and bleeding the system some.
Obviously a leak somewhere but couldn't see it anywhere.

So parts start trickling in from the USA, as I'm a smart across the border shopper.

then Friday, I notice I'm down on heat again, park FROSTY in the garage and pop the hood.
Down on fluid again AND .... she's leaking behind the drivers wheel this time. GREAT !!! No Degas Bottle ordered yet.

So I search most my weekend for my best option needed this Overflow tank like yesterday.

Knowing that ordering parts from the US can take upwards of 10 days to arrive.
Most of the time this is very much worth the wait considering our stupid Canadian mark up of MSRP.

I find some new Degas bottles on eBay, some ship US some don't.

I find Tasca's eBay listing; http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FORD-THUNDER...=item35b7588103&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1#ht_1902wt_1345

US $141.00 = Item location: Cranston, Rhode Island. ( somewhat close to me )

I find OPD ford-parts-depot eBay; http://www.ebay.com/itm/5W4Z8A080AA-Tank-Assy-Radiator-Overflow-05-Thunderbird-/261041146501

US $121.31 = Item location: San Francisco, California.
censored.gif
( too far, takes too long! )

couple of other options but not worthwhile, plus prices start going upwards 170-180$ range.

Shipping always extra to Canada of course.
censored.gif
I'm used to this by now.
Still beats getting parts from Dealerships near me. By a large factor.

So ...

I was under the impression Tasca doesn't ship to Canada, at least that's what I thought I had read on their website in the past trying to order a part.

So I was focusing my attention to their eBay listings where they do ship to Canada for around $39.95.

Still discouraged as I need this bottle now, like yesterday.

Desperate I phone my local Stealership
diablo.gif
here in town and prepare for a good ol' butt hurting.
sure enough ...

Tank Assy - Radiator Overflow, P/N **4Z-8A080-AA = $287.95 CDN +13% tax. Not in stock.
Cap Assy - Radiator, P/N **DZ-8100-A = $11.95 CDN + 13% tax. Not in stock.

So I tell the guy on the phone, "Come on man! you guys are Fn killing me here, MSRP in the USA on that Degas bottle is $142.62
Stop it with the Corporate greed already!

He laughs!

I ask ~ "what about a Customer Appreciation discount today on that bottle Dude" ?

OK, he says: $260CDN + 13% tax, could have it by end of week, has to come from out of town.

Hmmm, ok, let me get back to you Sir, I gotta check some other options.

I go back to my Tasca eBay listing, pondering the idea I could keep FROSTY parked for up to 10 days while waiting on the bottle and cap,
I can start taking it apart and work on my other cooling system parts and have it in progress.

Would have to reschedule a Dentist appointment though.

Hmmm,
censored.gif
what to do, what to do ?

Tasca eBay listing = US $141.00 plus US $36.30 shipping via USPS Priority Mail International <-- really means 10 days if lucky!

Cheapest for sure, could have it from the Stealership
diablo.gif
for a lot more but would still be waiting for a bit.

hmmmm ...

Let me visit www.tascaparts.com, look up their phone number and see if I can bribe them to take my money for extra to ship it to me overnight and to Canada !?!?

Nice lady answers (this is where the BigRig does his best work!) ... oh Hello Mam' I was hoping you could help me today?
Like any other man, I'm rather desperate today!
I was hoping I could work something out with you today for extra $$$'s to overnight me a parts for my ailing Lincoln LS?

I had checked your eBay listing but I need it urgent and these local Stealerships
diablo.gif
still can't get me this part any quicker apparently.

Any chance you can rush ship this to me ?

Let me see, she says.

<pause>

$18USD, UPS expedited, 2-3 days.

Oh HELLO, I'm loving you today, what's your name Mam' ?

your eBay listing shows $141 on that item, can you check on the Cap P/n 8100 for me please ?

$141 ? she says, no it's listed as $124, the cap is also in stock and it's $5.95 Sir.
Shipping would be consolidated for $18 to your door.

~ be forever mine Mam' !

Processed the order, ran Credit card, total $148.69 USD for both the tank and the cap.
That's under $200 and will sneak across the border without duty.

$148.69USD 2-3 days vs. $307CDN 4-5 days.

TASCA PARTS CENTER is my new OEM LS source.
wasn't too convinced they took Canadian web orders before, things have changed.
not all items in stock are listed on their website, I couldn't find 8A080 the Overflow Tank but they had it in stock when I phoned them.

Parts being shipped out later today.

Also got a phone call from the Salvage yard in Wisconsin this morning, paid in full for the LSE spoiler and it's being shipped as well now. $170 all in.

Very pleased today! forgot to buckle up, didn't know today was gonna be so AWESOME !!!
smiley-score010.gif

Might have to ask the wife if we can have sex tonight ...
wow.gif

Naaaahh,
censored.gif
-it, why spoil a good day !!!

THAT WAS A WAY TOO LONG STORY!!! I'm invoking a 5 sentence MAX for the next month on ALL post!!! LOL.

I'll help with this one.

Determined I needed a Degas because of loss of heat (sentence 1)

I cant find one here in the great white north, those I can find wont ship here cheaply (sentence 2)

The stealerships here want an arm and a leg (sentence 3)

I didn't thing Tasca would be able to help me out quickly, shipping usually takes weeks! (sentence 4)

But, I got a hold of an extremely nice lady at CS who would overnight it to me cheap! car saved!!!! (sentence 5). YAY (sentence 5 1/2)...

LOL...sorry had to do it,

Glad its all working out for you!!!!

1) Now that you put it that way !?!? Hmmm.

2) F is the matter with me ? come on, it is an AWESOME STORY !!! ... I feel AWESOME about it !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
TASCA has been my favorite for quite some time!!!!! Excellent customer service, prices and they ship quickly! They beat the other sources (Ford Parts Giant, Team Ford), usually by a wide margin.

NO thats awesome, I will def. go to them first next time I need something. Rockauto has always been my go to. But I'll try there first next time...

I'm sure dealing with that is something alot of us take for granted!

TASCA has been my favorite for quite some time!!!!! Excellent customer service, prices and they ship quickly! They beat the other sources (Ford Parts Giant, Team Ford), usually by a wide margin.

NO thats awesome, I will def. go to them first next time I need something. Rockauto has always been my go to. But I'll try there first next time...

1) Like I said, I had run into some troubles in the past trying to order a part through thier website. I recall it was the Canadian Postal Code the form pucked on. Unable to complete.

2) Now, I know, I need to phone them to get parts and shipping to Canada.

3) G, sorry, I'm just in a good mood, remember the Wheel-off incident I had? Constructive Dismissal claim. Recently settled out of court, lump sum salary payment recieved.

4) My internet connection was upgraded to 4G LTE wireless this morning, so I'm up to 5Mbps now (wow, lol)

5) just an Awesome day with a leaking LS.

Last edited by a moderator:
@RollinLS,

<!-- Begin G-RELL Invoked 5 sentence MAX rule -->

What is the problems with this now ?
I noticed all my posts from this afternoon have been edited ?

This was only done in fun,
is it considered offensive ?
is it causing issues with the SQL database ?

They are rather simple comment tags and was only in fun with respect to G-RELL's suggestion.

What appears to be the problem with it ?

<!-- End G-RELL Invoked 5 sentence MAX rule -->

Rock Auto is good, but not perfect. Alas, no degas...

Haters gonna hate.

Get the bottle yet?

M$rk,

I just ordered it like ... 9hrs ago man !!!!!!!

wait ... are you smoking the pipe again tonight ? What'd I tell ya about that filthy thing !?!?

This TASCA order just took a big Fn sh*t today !!!

Incompetent new sales people behind the phones processed it at the 18$ rate which was not UPS expedited after all. ( Stupid Lady )

The shipping department put it in the regular mail with USPS instead of UPS expedited.
because of the selected 18$ shipping cost.

I Fn phoned them to ask to charge me more to get it here pronto.

I knew something was up this morning when I received my USPS tracking number instead of UPS tracking.

10+ days now to get this bottle & cap.

Spoke to a manager, can't get me another one here before the weekend as he has to order another one in, which will be too late.

Said it was some new "trainee" issue/mistake.
Said, she didn't realize it was going to Canada.

BS !!!! it was my opening line with her requesting to pay more to have it rushed to Canada and she quoted me price based on my Canadian Postal Code.
then on check out and paying for the order she was informed again it was CANADA.

Don't feed me that line of BS, she didn't know it was going to Canada.

Grrrrr !!!!

He's crediting back the shipping cost and only charging me his cost on the parts.

It'll be a cheap Degas and Cap with free shipping but I'm Fn pissed off !!!

the $18 UPS expedited 2-3 days shipping sounded too good to be true.

censored.gif

censored.gif

censored.gif

BLEEP
censored.gif

censored.gif

BLEEP BLEEP
censored.gif

censored.gif

censored.gif

censored.gif

F me !!!!!!

Typical Tasca. Some other members on here got screwed as well.

So.. buy new from dealer.

Get part from Tasca.

Return the one from Tasca to dealer.

Local guy told me, they have to source out of TO and it would be a few days.

I'll make a few calls tomorrow morning and see if the order can be placed in time before Friday end of day.
I'd end up paying restocking charges though.

I'm stuck in the sticks with a leaking LS which I don't dare drive into town,
a dentist appointment this week and a Hospital visit on April 2nd.

Might have to get a rental or tell the wife she going to be without a car and take time off from work.

Meanwhile neighbor across the road has a whole barn full of exotic hot rods.
start one of those up and ...

Must be a Canadian thing........ I've NEVER had a problem with them.

You think that nice, potential 'employee-of-the-month', 'in-training' USA resident lady
that took my order over the phone is really a dumb Canadian?

nordlinger_turkey.jpg

Nice try! unfortunately for you I'm not in the mood for this side gig today,
It's so old and so unnecessarily over used. I have enough problems this week.

sucks. This is why i bought a second vehicle.

True that, I've had second vehicles in the past, even thirds.
was looking for a decent pickup in the fall but that got put on hold. Time to look at that again.

Typical Tasca. Some other members on here got screwed as well.

So.. buy new from dealer.

Get part from Tasca.

Return the one from Tasca to dealer.

Yo! M4rk,

Thanks for the idea, although I'm paying through the nose, it will be here tomorrow.
They are overnighting it. Talked to a different lad this time he said who ever told me a few days was misinformed.
They are closed Friday due to the holiday but it'll be in tomorrow so I'll get the wife to pick it up on the way back home.

10% restocking charge in the event that I don't need it he said.
Played dumb and told him I wasn't sure if it was the faulty part or not.

No problems on returning it if not needed other then the 10% which is still fine
because the one coming from Rode Island is severely discounted after credits.

I don't even feel bad about doing the ol' swapero plan. F-it !
and if I really have to I'll pull that one back out, rinse it clean and return same.

I pulled the trigger way too late on the degas bottle, have everything else. knew DCCV is/was failing.

~ lesson learned, get second vehicle and stock more backup LS parts.

see what I mean;

Ordered it on Monday the 25th

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility - March 25, 2013, 4:17 pm - CRANSTON, RI 02920

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility - March 25, 2013, 5:32 pm - PROVIDENCE, RI 02904

Shipment Accepted - March 25, 2013, 7:21 pm - JOHNSTON, RI 02919

Arrived at Sort Facility - March 27, 2013, 9:37 am - ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Processed Through Sort Facility - March 27, 2013, 11:20 am - ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) - International Parcels

map.jpg

Today is March 28th

So in theory that package has traveled 177 miles in 3 days. It's also heading in the wrong direction, I need it to travel North!

I know, I know ...
it's doing the rounds picking up other friends to travel up North with but this shows how it takes 10+ days to import OEM parts to Canada.

Meanwhile my tires crossed Detroit/Windsor as of late last night coming from Dallas, TX.

:: you know what they say about patience huh ? "It takes too Fn long!"
wallbash.gif

map.jpg

Im about to order something on ebay from canada to texas. Wonder how long its gonna take?

Members online

Back