Help: Interior Repairs, dye, recover, paint etc

Lincoln Mark VIII

1. LandYachts

LandYachts Active LVC Member

I just bought this one-owner. It spent a lot of its time in the sun drying out and otherwise enduring wear and tear.

I do have a number of questions so that I can do things right the first time and with the best available (accessible) solutions at hand.

1. Headliner
    I don't want to put this in until it's recovered, so worst case, I may drive without it until it's presentable.

I've taken it out of the car and stripped it. It's apparently composed of cotton-like fiberglass. Can this be adhered to effectively or do I strip it deeper? I use 3M headliner adhesive.

2. Ignition
    I don't want to remove the dash but I need to repaint the ignition cylinder surround. Does anybody have any idea how many screws are holding it in or just how to remove it?

3. Plastic Repair
    I've got a lot of panels that were damaged and left for dead. Tabs have snapped off, or panels have cracked in half. What is the most resilient repair in this case? I don't have a plastic welder.