HEEELLLPP!!!Opinion on the older LS or a new LS, lookin to buy one,

Gsx2gboostin

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys, im lookin to buy a lincoln ls..love the new body style on the 06...... front bumper, grill ect. if i buy a newer model i wanna lower it with good suspension ...full 1 peice not just springs...the thing is i heard from sum1 u cant lower these cars due to the air ride systems...u need some kind of kit ..is this true?....if i do buy the car im lookin to put on the Intrax ARS coil overs...i hear these r good n would like another opinion or suggestions to better suspension...im lookin to slam the car on 19's but still want it to ride like a luxury. please help me out here , thanks guys.

what up, just sold my 2001. By a 03+ with warranty. You can lower them with eibach or sprint springs. No coilovers at this time. Some guys are trying to work on fitting jag coilovers on the LS. Havent seen it done yet. 02 and before are cheaper, but expect problems and lack of warranty.

Do they make struts for the newer models...if i buy springs i dont want the stock struts blowing out on me n then the car riding like shxt.

I would even say to go with an '04+, as even some of the glitches on the 03's were fixed by 04.

Second owner off lease 04 LS V6. 28,000 mi. Tranny went out 1st week I had the car. Ford fixed it free under 4yr/50k mi power train warranty.

One of the secrets of buying a used LS maybe simply buying one from a person who could afford the maintanence items that arise. I've had my LS for a little over 2 mos now, simple maintanence items are all ive run into e.g., weak battery, dirty injectors, etc. Bought it from a gentleman who could well afford to have things fixed. Do a carfax, and see how often the vehicle returned to the dealership. Gives you a heads up on past problem areas. My car was in the dealership 4 times for a "front end noise." They started with replacement of ball joints. Then they replaced the "front sway bar unit" which I understand is a one piece unit. The orig owner told me that bushings could not be replaced seperately, so they did the whole shebang at one time. The carfax verified that my LS had never been in a collision or wreck of any kind, so I got a car with 70K miles, with a brand new front end, for less than loan value on the vehicle. Pays to shop around, and to shop the previous owners as well.

Members online

Back