Heater went 10-7 on me

RUMBLE BEE 1546

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was driving home early in the morning last week with the heater goin strong. Then I pass someone and afterwards I start getting cold air on my feet. I don't know what happened, but now the car has no heat. And the air that comes out feels almost like the ac is on. It blows cold and then it the car senses its getting colder inside and just throws more cold air in there.

I have no idea where to start with this one. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you

If you have a gen 2, it sounds like a blend door problem

I agree I have a 1998 mark viii and this is a blend air door issue, usually its a plastic arm that breaks. Ebay has motors with plastic part around 45.00 lincoln forum board has good tech article on this. homepage is http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/index.htm and the tech article to remove dash to replace it is here.http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/blend_door_repair.htm
I can do mine in 4-6 hours but first time i set aside the whole weekend and it took about 10 to 12 hours total with frequent stopping. I printed the tech article and put it in a binder to take to car for quick reference. there is also 2 additional tech articles 1 for temporary fix and 1 for reinforcing the plastic arm.

I love my mark even though the wife wrecked it and I am rebuilding it. I purchased it 45000 miles and now have 210000. All cars need maintenance to keep them working correctly. Mark VIII have some chronic issues but most cars have something that always breaks. Sadly for us its blend air doors, seat motors and taillight ballasts.
Luckily there are people and sites like this to help. If you want a trouble free car there are only a few options. Buy a Hyundai car with a 7 year warranty, take it to the shop under warranty ever time it breaks. when the warrant runs out throw it away. Borrow some elses car and return it when it breaks or lease a car.
Hint these are attempts at humor. I love my mark VIII quarks and all.

Dam. I was hoping this wouldn't be the issue. This car is really starting to become a problem :mad:

I believe theres a song that says if its such a problem give it to me, lol But seriously you list rocklin area as home base. I live in reno nv not that far away. I also have a guy in cali that pulls parts for me as needed.

Members online

Back