HEATER HOSE REPLacement

JLW

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a diagram of the heater hose routing? I'm having a bear of a time replacing the larger hose that Ts at the right rear of the engine.
I see another T on the left side for the bleeder.
If thats the only place it goes, Im seroiusly thinking about routing around.

Thanks
JLW

Re

06 V8. I finally got it out, sonofa B.
Some MF plugged the heater hoses. Ill be posting some pics

Re

Id like to find the SOB that did this. I'v been chasing my tail for weeks.

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

Re

I've had it in the shop for a week, they replace the DCCV and flushed the system twice, replaced the thermostat and said it's working. WELL, IT WASN'T.
So I decided to take matters in my own hands, THIS IS WHAT I FOUND.
I truly believe DCCV was bad and orig. owner rather than replacing valve decided to stop entrance of hot water to the heater core. This car came from the extreme south so they might not have used heater anyway.
My fear is, they went through alot of trouble to do this and make it look factory..... What else looks factory????? and isn't??????

RE Hoses

Anyone know where I can get replacement hoses? Dealer says I have to buy the complete set including the alum. pipe. Is this true?
I figured just get the rubber and have a local hydraulic shop crimp em on.
Again dealer says no. Says I cant reuse the other end with the clips.??????
Any input is appreciated.

how did they get those plugs stuffed into the hoses like that? holy moly. first time ive ever seen something like that.

I think the metal one is the restrictor and is necessary....it has a hole in it ....right?? The wooden dowell I cannot answer for that.
Those hoses are only available as a set... 3w4z-18c533-aa listing at $163.13 and reg LVC is $127.24 plus shipping. (that is all the parts with the square box)
Max

Members online

No members online now.
Back