Heat/cooled seat not turning on

I took mine apart today. The filter was disgustingly dirty it was basically charcoal colored. So I switched that out with a clean one which is white lol. Still it would not turn on. And then I ended up replacing the blower motor. And now my ass is on fire lol. Deffinately works now.

So if you haven't change your filter lately if check that out. There was a huge difference in the clean and dirty one. My car only has 46k so the one in there was probably original.
And then if you turn on your seat heater and hear nothing at all then it could be the blower motor. But if your hear it try to start then turn off then you might have a crushed duck like was mentioned above.

I took mine apart today. The filter was disgustingly dirty it was basically charcoal colored. So I switched that out with a clean one which is white lol. Still it would not turn on. And then I ended up replacing the blower motor. And now my ass is on fire lol. Deffinately works now.

So if you haven't change your filter lately if check that out. There was a huge difference in the clean and dirty one. My car only has 46k so the one in there was probably original.
And then if you turn on your seat heater and hear nothing at all then it could be the blower motor. But if your hear it try to start then turn off then you might have a crushed duck like was mentioned above.

Yeah, looks like my passenger blower motor is shot too.

My front passenger seat is doing the same thing. The lights turn on for the seat, but the motor doesn't even kick on. Then the lights go out. Everytime I try to turn the seat on they flash really quick. Which makes me think it's the same thing as a lot of us. Burnt blower motor.

Does the heated/cooled seat blower motor look like this? I too posted a thread a while back but never got around to fixing it. Glad this post came back up.

1.jpg

good thread; should probably be linked in the official owner guide that is a 'sticky'
i was having issues with drivers seat turning off when i was sitting in it with a bulky jacket. it doesnt blow as much air as it used to.. cleaned the filter up and sprayed some cologne on it. guess ill check hoses thanks

Where did you get the part? I'm looking at 19N550B which is $276 msrp through Ford....

Last edited:
Ok. this is odd. on my 05 my heated seat wont work... push button and lights up shuts off blah blah already been covered. but my a/c works just fine...

what is the cause of this??

Ok. this is odd. on my 05 my heated seat wont work... push button and lights up shuts off blah blah already been covered. but my a/c works just fine...

what is the cause of this??

See post #8 in this very thread. Add to that the possibility that the blower motor for that seat may have failed. Pull the filter off and see if the fan spins when you first turn it on (will probably take two people to do this).

Be aware that the heated/cooled seats are not related to the AC system, other than the controls. The seats have their own blowers and heat and cool their own air internally using thermoelectric modules.

See post #8 in this very thread. Add to that the possibility that the blower motor for that seat may have failed. Pull the filter off and see if the fan spins when you first turn it on (will probably take two people to do this).

Be aware that the heated/cooled seats are not related to the AC system, other than the controls. The seats have their own blowers and heat and cool their own air internally using thermoelectric modules.

I meant the a/c on the seats... the heat won't work but the a/c works great. The fan kicks on with the a/c and everything but as soon as I switch to heat it shuts off and won't turn on.

I meant the a/c on the seats... the heat won't work but the a/c works great. The fan kicks on with the a/c and everything but as soon as I switch to heat it shuts off and won't turn on.

Detached duct to the seat back, almost certainly.

Well, as luck would have it, my passenger seat in my 06 just quit (with no one in it). I guess I'll add it to my list for this weekend.

Hello joegr,I replaced my passenger heated seat fan assembly as disscussed a few days ago and still the same problem.
When I hitt the switch it comes on for a five seconds and shuts off.
The next try last one second and it turns off again..
Driver side works great.
What can I do Now??
LS2006

Hello joegr,I replaced my passenger heated seat fan assembly as disscussed a few days ago and still the same problem.
The next try last one second and it turns off again..
Driver side works great.
What can I do Now??
LS2006

Well, I wouldn't have replaced the fan if it was running then shutting down.
You'd need a scan tool to be sure, but it's almost certainly shutting down because one (or both) of the thermal modules is overheating. It's probably overheating due to lack of airflow. For the seat cushion module, it would be because the duct(s) is/are crushed. There's a TSB out on how to update to the new part to fix this. For the seat back module, it would be because the duct has become detached.
I'd check the seat back duct first. It's the easiest thing the check.

Note: Once it trips off, you'll have to turn the key off and then restart before you can try it again.

In the picture, you can see the fan and the thermal module for the seat cushion. On the other side of the fan is where the duct for the seat back thermal module attaches. If it's correctly attached there, then pull the cover off the seat back and check the rest of it.

im not a huge dude at all, but when i wear a big coat its enough to close off enough of the air holes in the seat itself to shut it down. its not a mechanical problem, its more of a 'my coat is too big' user problem. i have read other having the same issue as well. i have zero problems without a certain work coat

Hello joegr,

Well all is ok with rear duct and TED.

I did a test by turning the fan under the seat by hand and Turing on the unit...

The unit stayed on as long as I manually turned the fan....???
Five seconds after I stopped the unit turned off...???

What next???

I thought you said that the fan was running (for the first few seconds)?

I thought you said that the fan was running (for the first few seconds)?

thats how i read it...

I replaced my passenger heated seat fan assembly as disscussed a few days ago and still the same problem.

but he was probably just talking about the light on the dash

Hello,

Thanks for the follow up.I am referring to the heated seat light on the dash.The fan does not start up at all??
Therefore when I do push the switch the light comes on but not the fan.Then I turn the fan by hand and the light stays on.As son as I stop turning the fan,five seconds later the light goes off.

Ls2006

Members online

No members online now.
Back