headlights restored for dearreaper

BAD97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i just got done with Trent's headlights, sending them tomorrow, i have so many more to hustle and get finished, but here is one less pair!!!

aucpics3-16065.jpg

aucpics3-16064.jpg

aucpics3-16063.jpg

i can never get the camera to capture how good they really look but trent's penis is gonna tear through his pants when he opens the box!! they look awesome.

Jamie when you restore them is that just the outside? Mine are yellowed inside and the chrome has all peeled off inside

Jamie when you restore them is that just the outside? Mine are yellowed inside and the chrome has all peeled off inside

What he said. ^^^

I did the outsides, and they came up nice, but the fog is still there on the inside. Guess it's time to pull them all apart.

Good news for me is my parts car has a spare HID for the pass side. :D

What he said. ^^^

I did the outsides, and they came up nice, but the fog is still there on the inside. Guess it's time to pull them all apart.

Good news for me is my parts car has a spare HID for the pass side. :D

All you lucky people with HID's in your 97,98 I get stuck with the one off's in my 96!

What is the best process to attempt to do this myself? wet sand and buff with highspeed wheel? is there any compund to use when buffing?
After clear lense occurs...(Proper English here) :) what can I use to keep them pretty?

All you lucky people with HID's in your 97,98 I get stuck with the one off's in my 96!

What is the best process to attempt to do this myself? wet sand and buff with highspeed wheel? is there any compund to use when buffing?
After clear lense occurs...(Proper English here) :) what can I use to keep them pretty?

If you just need to refinish the outside try the gray pack at Walmart. The good thing about it besides the $20 price is that it seals the lights after you are finished and it is fast. Mine look great about 6 months later.

OK folks,
I've decided to give this a go, I have those damn LSC luminarc headlamps and the clear lenses arent well so clear anymore...

I will post before and after images when I start the process... I was hopeing to do it tonight but I think the wife has other plans since it be St. Patty's day and all!

Erin go Bragh!
and all that good stuff! Green Vodka and OK might be interesting enough...
Later!:D:D:D

Mine were an incredibly nasty shade of yellow before the gray pack and I could not see the interior of the housing. This was immediately after I finished which was 5 minutes per side:

P1010452.jpg

The sun was actually shining brightly off of the interior housing.

Mine were an incredibly nasty shade of yellow before the gray pack and I could not see the interior of the housing. This was immediately after I finished which was 5 minutes per side:

P1010452.jpg

The sun was actually shining brightly off of the interior housing.

You didn't do anything to the inside?

My pass side wasn't yellow (drivers was clear), but it was hazy. I got a 3m kit with a bunch of diff pads and went from coarse to fine. I used water with them, even though they said it was ok to do it dry.

After I was done, the outside looked ok, but they were still fogged on the inside.

Unless you have a water leak on Gen II's the interior housing should be in good shape. Luckily mine were.

inside of lights

my passenger side hid clear is all fogged up on the inside....is there a way to split the lens?? I was thinking about a drill with extension and wet sand pad through the holes if not. Is there a way to save it? Jamie are you in business of restoring them? My driver side came out sweet with the resto kit not so with the passenger side.

damn is this place full of newbs????? i restore them 100% inside and out, halogen's or hid's fully polish inside and out of lense and rechrome the entire housings inside.
yes i can save hid's also.

i have pics somewhere but too tired to dig them up right now!

Jamie sorry for the Newb question but what do you charge? I really need to see at night

$100 per pair
here is a set of hid's i redid, these are after shots. these had almost no chrome left in them from water.
hidhousings029.jpg

hidhousings028.jpg

jamie have you tried a set of puddle lamps yet? mine have mold in them... cn you do a set to sell with a core charge ( something like that? ), mine is driven every day and night, so i cant send mine off in the mail, and all the salvage yard ones look HORRIBLE, or they are gone or broken, so i cant buy any around here to use while i send you mine

ummmmm OK are you referring to the housings or the bulbs, cuz all markviii's with HID's have the same bastard bulbs

I was actually referring to the Housings... I know the 96 is a bastard size compared to the 97,98

But the chrome inside is in great shape no interior hazing, no pitting, just the exterior housing is hazed over... shame is, the passenger side was "NEW" when I got the car over 53 K miles ago.. Highway driving @ 90 on a daily basis Can kind of chew them up...;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back