Headlight Cleaning

chance70357

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Need help cleaning my headlights i tried different things on it but i still cant get the haz out of it does anyone have any idea r tips they can share with me.

i bought this but havent used it yet..i was a little hesitant to use it when i bought it but my headlights are driving me nuts...ive ordered a new conversion hid kit for my fogs and new matching bulbs for the headlights i should use this first so they look nice...
does anyone have before and after shots?

I used it to restore my fogs:

Fogs%20Restoration.jpg

Just take your time with it.

I used it on my HIDs once.
The assemblies were removed, so I was able to do it while watching TV.

Effortless.
And they came out beautiful

looks good! it says to tape off areas but i was thinking of just takin out my headlights and fogs (if easy) and working on them that way..

When I first did my halogen headlights, I took them out, and ended up leaving a lot of fine scratches and uneven areas everywhere. I left the fogs in place, which yielded much better results.

use one of those kits that you can buy in wallmart, the work fine. and for the best result use polishing compund TURTLE WAX and that will restore it 100%

I used the rain x restoration kit and it took off the cataracts and the headlights looks damned good.

Used toothpaste and a buffer on wifes honda. Not as good as the 3m but it definatly helped. Did not restore the new finish but appears new especially at night. Take a little time and keep going with whatever you use.

When I first did my halogen headlights, I took them out, and ended up leaving a lot of fine scratches and uneven areas everywhere. I left the fogs in place, which yielded much better results.

makes sense..i guess i'll have to buy some painters tape now haha
im kinda excited to do this now

I have taken this from a post that i had responded to asking about headlight haze.

I have had multiple success stories and no failures with this process. It takes time, but is far better than these junk kits they are trying to sell. What you are going to need is 800 grit sandpaper, 1,000 grit sandpaper, 2,000 grit sandpaper, a polisher that fits on a grinder, and plastic polish for a wheel buffer (it looks like a crayon). Take the headlamp assembly off of the car and clean thoroughly. Wet sand by hand with the 800 grit until the headlight's roughness has gone away (about an hour). Then move on to the 1,000 grit and wet sand it until it is smooth and does not catch anything on your skin when you move your hand across it (about 30 to 45 minutes). If anything catches, wet sand again with the 800 grit. If needed, sand again with the 1,000 grit. Then wet sand with the 2,000 grit until it feels as smooth as a baby's ass (about 1 hour). Careful attention must be adhered to to make sure you do not burn the plastic and waste time sanding more or ruining your headlight. Attach the polisher to the grinder. Make sure the grinder is secured. Turn on the angle grinder. Apply the polish to the buffer until it seems as if it has covered the contact point of the polisher. Take the headlamp assembly and starting from the left to the right (or vice versa) press the headlamp lens against the polisher until you get the results you want. Make sure you keep moving the headlamp assembly at all times or you may burn the headlamp lens. Make sure that the polish is always coated on the polisher. When you believe that you have a clear lens, wipe off the excess polish on the headlamp lens. Repeat this step over until you have achieved the desired results. This does make a mess but will show that doing it this way will save you from buying new headlamps and last about 5 years (My fathers 2000 camaro headlamp lenses just started to fog up again after I did this exact process to them in 2005. I will be doing this process to my 04 LS also. It took me about an average of 4 hours for each headlamp to be done correctly. The same can be done for the fog lights.

Members online

No members online now.
Back