Headlamp Out

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Since I have put in HID, it keeps saying Headlamp out. Can you guys tell me which wire I would need to disconnect to let that thing stop telling me that my headlamp is out. Both of the lights are working Fine.
Thanks

I don't know how your hids are hooked up is it pigtailed from your factory plug or not? cause if it isn't i would jump a wire on the plug to trick it to think it works but i would fuse the wire just in case.

yea, It is connected to the plug were the halegon was in. So do I need to just pull out a Fuse? and which one?

ok.. this is info on how the headlight sense circuit works, for a 92 conti.. maybe different, but some of the basics may apply.

there is a very low resistance in the power feed from the headlight switch/autodim/ect. it is only 0.074 ohms.. nearly a wire, but not quite! the lamp out module senses the voltage drop ACROSS this resistor. If its out of expected range, it triggers the warning. Note: there is only 1 resistor in this system for headlights, and it monitors BOTH lights. Since most HID installs probably draw considerably less power from the headlight circuit (switch/autodim/ect) in the car than the halogens do, the lamp monitor sees a lower than expected voltage drop, and triggers the warning. The proper voltage (for a 92 conti with halogens) across this resistor is approx 0.47 volts with low beams on.

if your conti is like the 92.. its gonna be an issue to disable the warning. not impossible, but not simple

Well I heard that for the Mark VIII's you only need to cut a wire so I was thinking it would be the same for the Continental's

Members online

No members online now.
Back