Heading to the Track

brentalan

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm heading back to the track soon when the weather gets cooler - see if I can improve my best E.T. Any last minute tips on things to do before leaving? I have a short list already:

-Clean up all crap floating around in the interior
-Use up gas down to 4 gallons or so
-Lower air pressure in rear tires (How many PSI do you suggest on street 275s?)
-Can of Octane boost?
-Swap stock rims on the front, (lighter weight, thinner tire) and up PSI to 40lbs
-Disconnect front sway bar
-Remove Spare tire

Anything else I'm not considering?

brentalan said:
Hey guys,

I'm heading back to the track soon when the weather gets cooler - see if I can improve my best E.T. Any last minute tips on things to do before leaving? I have a short list already:

-Clean up all crap floating around in the interior
-Use up gas down to 4 gallons or so
-Lower air pressure in rear tires (How many PSI do you suggest on street 275s?)
-Can of Octane boost?
-Swap stock rims on the front, (lighter weight, thinner tire) and up PSI to 40lbs
-Disconnect front sway bar
-Remove Spare tire

Anything else I'm not considering?

I wouldn't go less than 20lbs on the tires, I usually do 24lbs.
I don't know if the octane boost is worth it.
Clean your filter if K&N.

I run with the suspension off.

I try to aim for 5-6 gallons fuel at the track. Cut it too close and you'll be starving the fuel pump on hard launches.

45 psi in the front tires. Wherever you start the tire pressure in the rear, observe the edge of the burnt rubber on the tire following a run. Lower a couple psi intil the edge is about 1/2 way on the corner radius and your sixty foot time does not improve. It'll be different on different days and different tracks.

Don't waste your money on octane boost - just use good ole' 93 octane or even 94 octane if you can find it.

Yeah, I was really happy, the conditions were PERFECT, after sunset, 55 degrees.

Members online

No members online now.
Back