Headers

dertyclown

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
When I was looking for headers I had a hard time finding any thing. I was wondering what kinds are out there and how happy you are with yours. I could onely find KOOK I am very happy with them, want to know what outhers would fit, and how well they fit? :feedback

109-0939_IMG.jpg

Kooks are all that is available at this time. All the others that have made headers for the Mark VIII's are either not making them any longer, or they are on back order.

Some guys that are good at welding have purchased Cobra headers, and have modified them to go around the steering shaft. All other headers are long tube, whereas the Kooks are not...they are 3/4 length.
:Beer

coted or not

I got the uncoted I just did not see the poit of having them coted.

I was the first person in the country maknig headers for these cars and I did exactly like Ray said, I bought BBK long tubes and cut them apart and rebuilt three of the four tubes on the drivers side.The passenger side fits fine, you just have to cap a port on it.

It realy was a pain in the azz, so I quite doing them.It was way more trouble than the measely couple hundred bucks I profited on them.I could have just raised the price but with the cost of the BBKs already and then the cost of getting them recoated and a new billet steering knuckle it was already pretty pricey.And then IF i had a problem with it not fitting just right my profit went out the window in shipping.

unstoppable said:
I was the first person in the country maknig headers for these cars and I did exactly like Ray said, I bought BBK long tubes and cut them apart and rebuilt three of the four tubes on the drivers side.The passenger side fits fine, you just have to cap a port on it.

It realy was a pain in the azz, so I quite doing them.It was way more trouble than the measely couple hundred bucks I profited on them.I could have just raised the price but with the cost of the BBKs already and then the cost of getting them recoated and a new billet steering knuckle it was already pretty pricey.And then IF i had a problem with it not fitting just right my profit went out the window in shipping.

Its my understanding that putting headers on the Mark is a REAL PAIN IN THE ASS, is it worth it. !!!! I know the car will breath easier & give it a few more horse, is it really worth it ??????????

Cubster said:
Its my understanding that putting headers on the Mark is a REAL PAIN IN THE ASS, is it worth it. !!!! I know the car will breath easier & give it a few more horse, is it really worth it ??????????
It is not worth doing if you are not planing to do any thing. but great outherwise.

Members online

No members online now.
Back