Headers for V6

IamEli

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was looking on craigslist and I found these headers for the V6. Looks like some kid was doin a Turbo kit on a 2.5L Contour SVT and crashed. So now hes got all these parts for sale that might fit the 3.0L LS motor. heres the link to the headers.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/pts/195096825.html

check it out.

The challenge will be that the LS is one of the few RWD cars on the list, so the room and fitment will be very different than the FWD cars.

That is true, but the way that the headers are, you have to complete the fabrication anyways, as far as the down pipes and stiff like that. So that leaves you with a lot of freedom to make them fit. IDK, I have just never seen any bolt-on performance parts for the V6 other then what you can get from Ken or the chip.

You'd have to revise the outlet pipe drasticaly for those, the stock manifolds have an outlet near the back port on the flange. It's such a tight fit in the engine compartment that the only usable part of these might be just the flange.

Yeah, things get all squirrelly when you go from a tranverse mounted motor to a traditional inline mounting. There's not a helluva lot of room for headers in there.

Bill, you ever finish the port and polish job on your heads?

Yeah, Mike. I now have 3 sets of heads, intake and exhaust manifolds for an '00-'02 V6...one set on the car, one from my old engine and one set I bought off e-bay. I've still got the P&P'd heads sitting in the basement. I was going to swap them out with the old ones when I had the engine torn apart to fix what I thought was a broken valve spring. Unfortunately it was a piston slapping the head that was making the noise that I thought was the valve tapping the piston, and it was cheaper to put a new engine in than tear apart the short block to repair the old one(which had 132,000 miles on it anyway). When I drop the ported heads on the new engine I'll also replace the intake and exhaust manifolds with ones that have been "honed".

I think the better way to go with the exhaust may be to send them to Extrude Hone and have them keep them on their machine a bit longer to enlarge the whole exhaust path in the manifold rather than get a set of haeders made. I'v checked with a couple of custom header fabricators and they all want $100 per port or more to make them. Then you run into issues with the pipes going to the cats needing to be modified $$$. Extrude Hone will do a pair of V6 iron manifolds for under $600.

I definitely wouldn't call those headers! There's no primary length at all...and they definitely aren't tuned. Those are nothing more than glorified manifolds.

Dang guys, I was just showin something off i have not seen, ha, but its all good. 2001LS8Sport is right tho, they arent really headers, just the manifolds that the buyer would have to finish and custom make the rest. Just something interesting that I came across.

Members online

No members online now.
Back