headers and cams

viiiball

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Guys fill me with all the knowledge an the adds, what kinda cams,headers,profiles ,size ,etc, stories HP gains, everything.....I wanna know, am looking to swap cams and add headers, how hard,......i wanna know good and bad.....everything!!!! are crower cams good , don't want too radical....let me know!!! :Beer :feedback

crower cams are good. headers all there are is Kook and there very good.

Crower make cams, comp cams makes cams, and there are some custom grinds out there also.

As far as headers, as of right now, there is only Kooks, but I heard that some of the ppl that have made long tube headers are going to start back up again. You could also purchase a set of BBK's and modify them to fit around the steering column....the passenger side is fine...they fit perfectly on that side.
:Beer

1wykdmk8 said:
Crower make cams, comp cams makes cams, and there are some custom grinds out there also.

As far as headers, as of right now, there is only Kooks, but I heard that some of the ppl that have made long tube headers are going to start back up again. You could also purchase a set of BBK's and modify them to fit around the steering column....the passenger side is fine...they fit perfectly on that side.

how do you install the headers,is it hard, i ve done it on older gm cars,does the engine need to be lifted out?it looks hard

Yes its a pain in the butt. I've done5-6 installs and it still sucks! Good luck! :slam

maybe i'll stay with a n/a streetlight warrior car.....maybe i should spend less on tats and more on car.....maybe i can win the lotto and drop in a 5.0 cammer dohc from ford racing,its only about 15 grand!

unstoppable said:
Yes its a pain in the butt. I've done5-6 installs and it still sucks! Good luck! :slam

unstoppable you have a pm.

I realy don't know but if sean hyland sells it it must be pretty good quality. I belive they are offered in three differnt grinds. 2 N/A grinds and a boost grind. they are about $600. pretty good considering there bilets are $1200 for the same grinds. But I guess you get what you pay for.

I've heard a lot of good things about the exhaust except the waiting time, the guy is always busy, but then again there isn't many places to choose from. Ever consider kooks?

Madmarkman said:
Yes I have,Its a toss up, dont know pro's or con's about either.

For me it is like this:

Pro
Kooks - readily available
Kooks - price (@ $715....coated)

Con
Other - availability?
Other - price (@ $900)

That is how I look at it......Kooks makes them all day long, whereas the others are either back ordered, or they will not make them any longer.

Another way to go is to buy a set of Bassani or BBK headers for the Cobra, and have them modified to fit around the steering shaft. Just another option.

you could always go to an exhaust shop that you trust and have your piping done there custom.

Madmarkman said:
allready got a price at an exhaust shop,$1400 did not seem reasonable.

$1400 for what?? For JUST the exhaust, or parts, headers, AND install? :Beer

wow, 1400 isn't reasonable at all, I converted my 1984 LTD wagon to a 1993 5.0 SEFI, and the complete exhaust at my shop was 300 canadian, installed, all custom piping.

Madmarkman said:
That was just for coated stepped headers installed,no exhaust.

Dude, unless that is a friend of yours, take it to a different shop.....$1400 for JUST labor???? or is that headers AND labor? :Bang

Kook IS the Sh it even my F-body frends love them and some fo them are running RT in the mid 10's. they even love them. Iv neaver met someone who did not like them. When I got mine I pulled them out of the box and did not know if I should put them in or hang them on the wall. they are so nice

Members online

No members online now.
Back