Header Group Buy

Yes I'm interested, this is what I would get.

• Headers list price $863

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Headers with cats list price $1471

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Headers with Off-road Lead pipes list price $1096

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Cat Back exhaust list price $1052

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • headers with cat back

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

SPSully

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
After many times being asked and searched Quick found headers made and marketed for the LS!!!!

Everything is Stainless steel and can be done in a Black Onyx finish that is like Black Chrome only stronger and longer lasting.

http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/index.php?cPath=481_485_336

I contacted them for a few different reasons and asked some key questions. As of right now, there are no dyno numbers to speak of. Based off of their experience and the info I gave them about the particulars of the 3.9 they expect to see similar gains from header/cam kits as a cat back. They expect to see roughly 65 horse from a CAI, Tune, and full exhaust with headers.

Doing the math, figure 15-20 from a tune (i think some first gens got 24) 15 from a cai, so call it 30 plus 15 from a cat back leaves 15 from the headers. so they are expecting to get 30 from headers back system. Sounds like similar gains to the Magnaflow from catback and then the same amount again from headers/cat, with similar pricing to the catback. I am still looking into this. I may need to become a dealer to get the group buy, and the number he would like to see is 10. This is an ongoing development I am working on. I'll continue to keep everyone posted. If you are serious about wanting these headers pm me with what you would be willing to part with for them. Keep in mind they list from 800-1400 and discounts haven't been figured out yet. Please keep the stroking to a minimum. It is going to cost me one hell of a head ache, a whack of time, and possible some money to become a dealer. I'm not about to do this if I feel 110% comfortable I can get the number of items bought. I dont know why he wants me to be a dealer just for people to get a deal, but if thats the way he wants to do it, so be it.

Take a look at the site and what the different options are and then let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:
please if you vote, send me a PM so I know who you are, what you would want, and vote as well so I can easily keep a running tally

Nice work Sully!!

Does the headers with cats come with high-flow cats??

I would certainly be interested if I had any intention of keeping my LS past this summer. If things change in the next couple months I may opt into this.

I don't think so. Isn't the LS V6 basically the same as the DOHC Taurus 3.0 though? The 3.0 isn't exclusive to the LS so I'm sure there's some out there.

The V6 is the Duratec that is used in the Mazda 6. I think it is a slightly different variation from the one in the Taurus though. Some changes in the top end of the engine as I recall. Somewhere on this forum there was a link to detailed information about the engine and the other FordMoCo platforms that use it.

V6 headers wont fit V8's.

I mean V8 headers wont fit a V6:D

Long night and not enough coffee!:shifty:

After many times being asked and searched Quick found headers made and marketed for the LS!!!!

Everything is Stainless steel and can be done in a Black Onyx finish that is like Black Chrome only stronger and longer lasting.

http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/index.php?cPath=481_485_336

I contacted them for a few different reasons and asked some key questions. As of right now, there are no dyno numbers to speak of. Based off of their experience and the info I gave them about the particulars of the 3.9 they expect to see similar gains from header/cam kits as a cat back. They expect to see roughly 65 horse from a CAI, Tune, and full exhaust with headers.

Doing the math, figure 15-20 from a tune (i think some first gens got 24) 15 from a cai, so call it 30 plus 15 from a cat back leaves 15 from the headers. so they are expecting to get 30 from headers back system. Sounds like similar gains to the Magnaflow from catback and then the same amount again from headers/cat, with similar pricing to the catback. I am still looking into this. I may need to become a dealer to get the group buy, and the number he would like to see is 10. This is an ongoing development I am working on. I'll continue to keep everyone posted. If you are serious about wanting these headers pm me with what you would be willing to part with for them. Keep in mind they list from 800-1400 and discounts haven't been figured out yet. Please keep the stroking to a minimum. It is going to cost me one hell of a head ache, a whack of time, and possible some money to become a dealer. I'm not about to do this if I feel 110% comfortable I can get the number of items bought. I dont know why he wants me to be a dealer just for people to get a deal, but if thats the way he wants to do it, so be it.

Take a look at the site and what the different options are and then let me know if you are interested.

woot!

demotivational-posters-torque.jpg

demotivational_poster_horsepower.jpg

Nice work Sully!!

Does the headers with cats come with high-flow cats??

as far I know yes... I know they are stainless cats and I dont see a point to do everything else with out having a performance cat... I'll double check though

IF I see the dyno numbers I would want the long tubes back to my magnaflow.

I think allot of people are in the same boat. Im going to ask for a discounted set to run dyno numbers on.

are these for the V6 also?

ummm. Not sound like an ass but, how would 8 pipes cover 6 holes? I dont see a set for the V6 versions either. Again I can ask Jim when I talk to him.

The V6 is the Duratec that is used in the Mazda 6. I think it is a slightly different variation from the one in the Taurus though. Some changes in the top end of the engine as I recall. Somewhere on this forum there was a link to detailed information about the engine and the other FordMoCo platforms that use it.

Actually, the 3.0L Duratec in the LS is very similar to the Taurus 3.0L bottom end. From all of the research I've done, having owned an SVT Contour with a 3.0L motor swap, the headers that are available for those cars should work just fine on the Lincoln LS heads. Since those are front wheel drive cars, I don't know if there's anything that would cause clearance issues when installing them on the V6 LS, but some custom piping would be in order to route from the headers to your cat-back exhaust. Here's a link to a company that sells headers for both the 2.5L Duratec, which also work for the Taurus/Sable/Escape heads, and the Mazda 6. I had them on my 3.0L Taurus Duratec swapped SVT Contour. The headers can be had for a little over $200 I believe. Just give them a call and ask.

www.msdsinc.com

ho810headers.jpg

Mark

Do any of you guys have even a guess at what kind of power increase this would give?

Actually, the 3.0L Duratec in the LS is very similar to the Taurus 3.0L bottom end. From all of the research I've done, having owned an SVT Contour with a 3.0L motor swap, the headers that are available for those cars should work just fine on the Lincoln LS heads. Since those are front wheel drive cars, I don't know if there's anything that would cause clearance issues when installing them on the V6 LS, but some custom piping would be in order to route from the headers to your cat-back exhaust. Here's a link to a company that sells headers for both the 2.5L Duratec, which also work for the Taurus/Sable/Escape heads, and the Mazda 6. I had them on my 3.0L Taurus Duratec swapped SVT Contour. The headers can be had for a little over $200 I believe. Just give them a call and ask.

www.msdsinc.com

ho810headers.jpg

Mark

please since the V6 option isnt avail, take it to another thread. Im trying to keep this with as much info packed into it without getting watered down. Thanks guys!

Do any of you guys have even a guess at what kind of power increase this would give?

For the V8, the guess is roughly 10-20 depending on how you look at it.

please since the V6 option isnt avail, take it to another thread. Im trying to keep this with as much info packed into it without getting watered down. Thanks guys!

For the V8, the guess is roughly 10-20 depending on how you look at it.

how different will the torque be :-D

Im down for option 1, 2, or 3.. Im gonna sell one of my other projects for this..

did you ask what size the primarys and collectors were by chance?

never mind. i found it. sounds like 1 5/8ths to me?

1.625" PRIMARIES, 2.250" SLIP-FIT COLLECTORS

It says it on the site, pay attention hahah theyre like 1.6 primaries or something, click the link and check em out..

Why are you planning on selling?

Selling or trading, one of the two. No reason in particular, mostly tired of making payments. Not that I'm strapped for cash or anything, but the $250 a month I spend on this thing, not to mention the extra cost of insurance, I could happily be spending on something else (flying lessons would be awesome :D ) , or just putting into a savings account. Still kind of up in the air about it though. I do like this car. :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back