Has this ever happened to you?

jrocc

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was driving my 01 lincoln ls v8 sport with cold air intake today with my buddy in the passenger seat and 2 12" subs in the trunk.. rear seats folded down, I was testing my new cold air intake, and even before i switched from stock, when ever i increase the rpm's (give it gas) i notice a sputter or misfire at about 2000-2500 rpm.. what it sounds like is either bad coil, bad plug, or moisture/oil getting into the plugs and there not burning right.. it honestly scares me a little seing as it's not that bad.. when it passes 2500rpm itll climb no problem, now when i was at 40kmh (this is the good part) I PUNCHED IT, I mean WOT and all of a sudden the car died.. i heard like a pop, and then it just shut off. my check engine light came on and every bell and whistle.. i pulle dto the side of the road, was hard as hell cause the power steering pump was shut off, so I pulled into a drive way shoved it in park.. turned the car off.. and i turned it on.. started no problem... then i drove for a bit.. i even went wot again not like from a stop but i always go from a roll when i do wot i dont wana damadge the internals.. but did i do something today that was bad? has anyone ever experience the slight misfire or the all of a sudden engine shut down of a car.. its fine now i drove again another 30 minutes car was fine still misfires under load but when it gets up there itll go to 7000rpm.. so i dont think the motors in harm.. let me know what you guys think!

I think you need to stop beating the piss out of your car and take it to a mechanic to have it checked. you keep posting about issues your cars having and yet to take it some were....

My engine shut off on me and started back up after I heard a pop...I had a loud knock thought and now Im replacing it because I bent something.....So take it to a mech and let them look at it.

What the f*ck is this WOT thing I keep reading about ?

new thing the kids have come up with ?

Wide Open Throttle ?

that's can't be good for the tranny or valve cover gaskets ... don't WOT so much.

The motor is in danger...its got you behind the wheel.....

Fix that miss and stop redlining so much (you gon wind up needin a helluva lot more than a coil replaced)

at first I was like: wwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooootttttttt

the my car was like: ppppppppppput ppppuutttt puuttttttttt

then I was like: wwhhatttt happpenenneneneenenenened

for the record, when she is running right, my LS spends more time above 5k than it does at idle.

stop WOT'ing ... it is not normal and costs money.
drive it like you love it ... if you want to beat on somehing, pick up a 200$ fieldcar and WOT the hell out of it until you are satisfied.

kids these days, I tell ya ...

problem is most likely between the steering wheel and the seat,
also known as an "ID10T" error ...

for the record, when she is running right, my LS spends more time above 5k than it does at idle.

Yeah if the engine is running right i see no problem with making wot runs. If its not running right thats different.

The car has limiters its pretty damn hard to over rev it.

First, stop doing WOT runs if you have a misfire. Fix that first, then beat on it. Its like making you sprint with a broken leg, no problem if you're healthy but not if you're broken.

You probably just have a squirrel stuck in your intake. Do as many WOT runs as it takes to suck that bastard through. Another problem is sometimes the transmissions in these cars get too wet from the Mercon V causing all kinds of problems. Drain the transmission fluid out and run it dry for a few weeks and things should clear right up!

the_more_you_know.jpg

Open hood (by going through the dash), and report back with pics.

I am officially pulling your LS card... Please go buy a civic and let that LS rest in piece... You might be the worst CAR owner we have on here....

....with my buddy in the passenger seat and 2 12" subs in the trunk.. rear seats folded down, I was testing my new cold air intake
What the hell does that have to do with "testing" a CAI (and FYI, Its just an intake)
and even before i switched from stock, when ever i increase the rpm's (give it gas) i notice a sputter or misfire at about 2000-2500 rpm..

Why modify anything if you know you are having issues..You should have fixed it immediately

what it sounds like is either bad coil, bad plug, or moisture/oil getting into the plugs and there not burning right.. it honestly scares me a little seing as it's not that bad..

You even knew what it was and continued to beat the pi$$ out of the car..smart

when it passes 2500rpm itll climb no problem, now when i was at 40kmh (this is the good part) I PUNCHED IT, I mean WOT and all of a sudden the car died..

Short of adding NOS energy drink to the car, Hands down one of the worst things you can do to an engine thats suffering... YOU CAN BLOW THE ENGINE UP DOING THAT

i heard like a pop, and then it just shut off. my check engine light came on and every bell and whistle.. i pulle dto the side of the road, was hard as hell cause the power steering pump was shut off, so I pulled into a drive way shoved it in park.. turned the car off.. and i turned it on.. started no problem... then i drove for a bit.. i even went wot again

:eek: you got to be fing kidding...

not like from a stop but i always go from a roll when i do wot i dont wana damadge the internals..

At this point, you have to be trolling...

but did i do something today that was bad?

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

has anyone ever experience the slight misfire or the all of a sudden engine shut down of a car..

No one is that ignorant to do MULTIPLE wot on a car barely running...

its fine now i drove again another 30 minutes car was fine still misfires under load but when it gets up there itll go to 7000rpm.. so i dont think the motors in harm.. let me know what you guys think!

No its not.... Honestly, all kidding/slamming aside, you have no business near a car. Clearly you have no common sense when it comes to operating a motor vehicle and judging by these decisions and those of yours from the past, dont have the maturity level to be driving...

Obviously, I cant say anything to you that will change your actions, but I wont be surprised when you truly do hurt someone in the near future...

"Give em Rell(hell)"!!!!!

I totally agree with the whole subwoofer/seat folded down thing by jpebbles. That sh** was funny.

I even hate to be a d!ck at this point, but Jesus.... how stupid can you be...

there's nothing wrong with not knowing anything about cars (plenty dont). but you dont have to be a genius to know not to do some of this sh!t....Its like a 12 year old is posting... The outside is beat to sh!t, the engine is failing, Yet we're running the pi$$ out of it....

I am officially pulling your LS card... Please go buy a civic and let that LS rest in piece... You might be the worst CAR owner we have on here....

What the hell does that have to do with "testing" a CAI (and FYI, Its just an intake)

Why modify anything if you know you are having issues..You should have fixed it immediately

Short of adding NOS energy drink to the car, Hands down one of the worst things you can do to an engine thats suffering... YOU CAN BLOW THE ENGINE UP DOING THAT

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

No its not.... Honestly, all kidding/slamming aside, you have no business near a car. Clearly you have no common sense when it comes to operating a motor vehicle and judging by these decisions and those of yours from the past, dont have the maturity level to be driving...

Obviously, I cant say anything to you that will change your actions, but I wont be surprised when you truly do hurt someone in the near future...

Damn after ready this I can say I got off easy...lol

There is a lot of truth being said in this to be serious for a minute and you have good points and maybe he will see this and start taking car of his car.

Sounds like you took the "go till she blows" advice whenever you heard it a little too literally. Fix the problems, if you need help there is an ever trustworthy search on here and google search using this forum as the site it's looking through. It has been a while since someone has actualy posted a problem on here that hasn't been adressed before. A lot of posts on here are turning into modification ideas, progress threads, and then numerous redundant pita threads about problems that's been solved. Then when she's running right you shouldn't have to worry about givin' 'er the bidness.

Well played.

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back