has anyone put the LINCOLN emblem on woodgrain

Very nice!

348671_107_full.jpg

GrayGhost1 said:
Very nice!
QUOTE]

thanks, i think it was a good investment. :)

before i stuck it on there, i tried it on the left/right side, but it looked best centered.

one thing though, once you stick it on there, its STUCK!!!
be careful when your placing it before you press down, use a level & mark the wood with eyeliner, then place the letters evenly right below the mark, and wipe the mark off. ... if you dont have eyeliner, use chalk or something easy to wipe off...

oh, heres another pic of the letters on the woodgrain in my car...

HERE

i just tried uploading the pic, put it said my file is too big, so whatever... check it out. :L

itsnotmydaddys said:
luckieleo said:
GrayGhost1 said:
Very nice!
QUOTE]

i was looking at you pic. why do you have wood around the glove box hangle i dont think my sport has that.

the glove box thing is a part of a wood dash kit i got off ebay (btw, it sucks... i will eventually get a nicer one...) if you want a wood dash kit, you get what you pay for. i paid $50 for mine... so its a cheapie one that i'm not very happy with. :slam

luckieleo said:
itsnotmydaddys said:
luckieleo said:
the glove box thing is a part of a wood dash kit i got off ebay (btw, it sucks... i will eventually get a nicer one...) if you want a wood dash kit, you get what you pay for. i paid $50 for mine... so its a cheapie one that i'm not very happy with. :slam

Just wondering how you can tell the diffrence(other then price). Or is there only one kit out there?

JaredLS said:
luckieleo said:
itsnotmydaddys said:
Just wondering how you can tell the diffrence(other then price). Or is there only one kit out there?

pricing is a pretty good way of telling...
the cheapy ones are not real wood or even simulated wood, they are just flexible vinyl stickers. they stick well, and the color does match the oem color wood, but they are not wood, they are not exactly the right size, they look sloppy to me, the edges are not defined, they are just cut off... not high quality.

the good ones, i wouldnt know, but usually the sellers will say right in there listing "these are not the cheap vinyl stickers" if they dont ask, just email the seller & ask them.

THIS ONE is probably a cheapy vinyle one

most importantly, check the feedback.

I put it on my dash as well but I put mine to the right edge It mainly your own preference I will post pics if you want....

Jamler3 said:
NICE Ghost... Looks F'n nice against the wood!!!
Not much wood in the MK8, but does look very cool on your car!
Thanks but that one is not my car. That one is on luckieleo's car. I have the carbon fiber trim. Here's what it looks like on my car:

510004_69_full.jpg

510004_30_full.jpg

GrayGhost1 said:
Thanks but that one is not my car. That one is on luckieleo's car. I have the carbon fiber trim. Here's what it looks like on my car:

you have my permission to use my pic on your website. that way people can see what it looks like against the wood too. :steering

GrayGhost1 said:

510004_69_full.jpg

510004_30_full.jpg

Actually looks even nicer with the carbon background !!!!!!

luckieleo said:
you have my permission to use my pic on your website. that way people can see what it looks like against the wood too. :steering
Thanks Tina. I meant to ask you that and glad you will let me put it on my website. If I didn't know better I'd think you were trying to butter me up a tad for future purchases! ;)

Jamler3 said:
Actually looks even nicer with the carbon background !!!!!!
Thanks! I notice your Mark is the Midnight Grey Metallic (code TV). I love that color on a bright sunny day. That color just jumps out at ya!

It looks pretty tight, I just ordered one from the lskoncepts site, THANKS GUYS.

GrayGhost1 said:
Thanks! I notice your Mark is the Midnight Grey Metallic (code TV). I love that color on a bright sunny day. That color just jumps out at ya!

Thanks, I like the Color on your LS too... Mine is a '98 and I live in NJ, so I'm thinking of having it repainted because there a little tings here and there.
F'n dump trucks on 287 are killin me... You me and eL eS have to hook up a NE and SE combo meet. Somewhere in Carolinas would be cool! Wish you were coming to Geno's on May 1, I'd love to see your LS in person

Jamler3 said:
Thanks, I like the Color on your LS too... Mine is a '98 and I live in NJ, so I'm thinking of having it repainted because there a little tings here and there.
F'n dump trucks on 287 are killin me... You me and eL eS have to hook up a NE and SE combo meet. Somewhere in Carolinas would be cool! Wish you were coming to Geno's on May 1, I'd love to see your LS in person
I'd love to come to Geno's but it's just a tad bit far to drive in a weekend. However, I'm all for a NE and SE get together somewhere. We can get with Noah (aka eL eS) and talk about it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back