Hard Shift 3rd to 4th under high Torque

rambo

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an issue hard shifting from 3rd to 4th gear under high torque. This only happens when I really step on it full throttle. If I drive casually, the car shifts up and down no problem. Other than this issue, the car has been driving like a dream since I completed the repairs noted below. Very strange that this only happens when tranny is under high torque.

Car Info:
2005 Lincoln LSE, V8
Recent work done to car:
1. Transmission fluid / filter replaced
2. All Coils & Plugs replaced (OEM)
3. All Fuel Injectors replaced (solved hard start problems after car warmed up and tried to start within one hour. If car sat 3+ hours or overnight started right up. Leaky Fuel Injectors)
4. Replaced Valve cover gasket
5. Fuel Filter replaced.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Tim

Transmission solenoid on the top of the trans is likely involved. Also you probably need to have the valve body rebuilt in the trans.

My 2004 has had this for a long time now, the solenoid replacement only helped - but it is not 100% until valve body. For reference my car is at about 175K miles.

I don't think I have ever really heard of injector issues on the V8 before.

Transmission solenoid on the top of the trans is likely involved. Also you probably need to have the valve body rebuilt in the trans.

My 2004 has had this for a long time now, the solenoid replacement only helped - but it is not 100% until valve body. For reference my car is at about 175K miles.

I don't think I have ever really heard of injector issues on the V8 before.

I was having issues with the car "hard starting" and would crank for a while before turning over a while. Turns out the injectors were leaking

Members online

No members online now.
Back