hard jerk when put in drive

maybe its just normal diet for the car to settle down before you go tearing up the streets.

easy solution:
start your car and run your status button, by the time thats through you're all set. otherwise get a remote starter and start the car before you walk out of your house.

Yup, mine does the same thing and the dealer hooked it up tot he computer and sait it was a solenoid problem...of course not under warranty (go figure). With parts and labor it was going to be a $900+ repair job. Needless to say I haven't had it fixed yet, I got the part # for what I need so I will take it to a local tranny shop hat I trust and let them do it.

I agree, PCM and/or solenoid, the other problems listed here are just too exotic to happen often.

well, I ended up paying $75 for the PCM upgrade. there were no stored error codes. Car shifts much better/quicker. I'll report back in a week if there is no more hard jerk.

I always wait for the idle to drop down before I select the gear I need, Drive or Reverse. I have been trying to get my Wife to do the same, but She only does it when I'm the passenger in her Mountaineer (thinks my car sits to low to the ground to drive).

Members online

Back